Fixing Belly pan

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was riding on the weekend, and ended up hitting a rock. The rock ending up ripping a big hole behind the exhaust exit on my M8,

My question is what is the best way i should try fix this??

I was think some plastic weld and tin and rivets. The plastic weld to weld the plastic back together and then two pieces of tin, one on the in side of the belly pan and one on the outside of the belly pan, and rivet them together.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to reinforce it after welding use 1/8" black puck board instead of tin.....more than strong enough and will not be noticable.

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
Use a nice heavy tin for a backing of the damage. Paint the tin to match the bellypan color. Put the tin under the hood and drill holes and rivet from the bottom with small washers from the interior side. I do not recommend puck board. It does not offer the strength you require.

I am assuming you did not rip a piece out of the pan an only tore it badly.

Alternatively, get a new belly pan which is alot of work to replace. I do not recommend puck board as a belly pan material.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use a product called NHMN from red wood plastics as skid plates on our race quads...tough and easy to shape....can be rivited or bolted but not glued....they do make it now with a sticky back for mounting or creating layers...

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use a nice heavy tin for a backing of the damage. Paint the tin to match the bellypan color. Put the tin under the hood and drill holes and rivet from the bottom with small washers from the interior side. I do not recommend puck board. It does not offer the strength you require.

I am assuming you did not rip a piece out of the pan an only tore it badly.

Alternatively, get a new belly pan which is alot of work to replace. I do not recommend puck board as a belly pan material.

Used to make our own ski skins out of puck board and they lasted till they wore through....way more of a beating than they will ever see on a bellypan.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just tore it badly everything is still there. Need to fill the cracks up and get something to hold it in place.

I thought of buying a new belly pan, but it is a lot of work to replace.

Thanks guys for the input.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long you lived in Wasketenau, I'm from Newbrook..lived there about 45 years.

Top Bottom