Fishing Tips Needed

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I`m heading into BC this summer and hope to be fishing some of those big lakes. Can I have some pointers on what tackle to use please. Snotty this should be a topic that your a expert on. Thanks

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Glen I have found that explosives work well at pretty much any lake for any type of fish :)

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Possibly Kinbasket Lake mid august. From shore may bring a boat depends on what we end up doing. Thanks

JHeffner

Reaction score
If your fly fishing use a "blood worm"or a "Mohair Blood Leach" with some 5 pound test as a lead. Most all good fly shops should carry them. If your fishin in the evening give it 4 good pulls on the real to let the lead swing out once you pull back on the rod to give her a cast that when they'll hit. If your going any where near "Little Fort" in the Cariboo there is a great little tackle shop there. The old boy that runs it will let you know what you need for the lakes around there and theirs alot. Check out Little Fort Fly and Tackle

If your trollin nothing beat old standby "the wedding band" make sure you get some real active worms to.

If you river fishing for salmon these boys out in enderby are using a double jig with two L shaped jigs with a single chrome spinner and a peice of hot dog on the hook. Sounds crazy to me but they say they where slaying the fish....They say!!!:confused:

I got a fly rod in that little tackle shop for 70 bucks and it's hand made in Canada with a liftime wife proof warranty.:beer:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kin...is the lake that broke my Canadian Sportfishing Record Bull trout.
Big water...if you have a boat that would be best a boat with downriggers and your perfect. Big fish will be deep following schools of Kokanee, on a fish finder you will be able to loacte schools of kokes. Near the schools will be large predator fish like Rainbow and Bull Trout. Any where from 110 to 30 feet depending on water temps. Deep trolling with snap wieghts if you dont have a downrigger with J-Plugs or Lyman plugs will catch Bulls and rainbow. At times Koke imitating lures work but Bulls many times prefer clown and fire tire colors. If you have downriggers or Deep sixes the fail proof flasher and hoochie is always a fish getter. Later in the evenings troll nearer to the surface in the feed lines{ dirty lines on the water filled with debris and lake crud..forage fish feel safer near these..big fish know that} with apexes/hockey sticks[local term]

If your stuck to shore find creek mouths cast 1.5 inch spoons eg crocodiles or other heavy spoons. Let them sink the shore line drop off is steep. Bottom fishing with bait might work but the numerous Sqauw fish will drive you nutz. If you want to use bait a grasshopper 2 feet below a float will catch rainbow in the evening and keep most course fish away. Kokanee may be present but in aug. they most likely will be pre spawn and will be posting in spawning areas. Pick the right creek and you may luck out. Remember to fish with florocarbon leaders....fish can be shy in clear water.
If you need some tackle, let me know !/2 throttle...Happy to help you out

Terry

Top Bottom