first service prices on can-am

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:mad:soooo need to take my xmr in for the first service wich i was told takes 3 hours. ok thats fine but when i asked the price i got a quote for $437 plus tax!!! :realmad::realmad::realmad: seems a little steep no?? please let me know what you all had payed for first service on a new can-am. just wondering how far out to lunch they are.ive gotten quotes all over the boerd as well, trackside in olds said 160 for everything, A&e racing and marine out of brooks quoted me 250 for everything and bow ridge in cochrane quoted 400. just tryen to see how the justify being damn near double the price of everyone else. thanks guys.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
depends what kind of oil(s) they are putting in. syn oil will add up pretty fast. a bottle of royal purple is $25.

the labor on the other hand shouldnt take long. can change all the oils in a hr

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:mad:soooo need to take my xmr in for the first service wich i was told takes 3 hours. ok thats fine but when i asked the price i got a quote for $437 plus tax!!! :realmad::realmad::realmad: seems a little steep no?? please let me know what you all had payed for first service on a new can-am. just wondering how far out to lunch they are.ive gotten quotes all over the boerd as well, trackside in olds said 160 for everything, A&e racing and marine out of brooks quoted me 250 for everything and bow ridge in cochrane quoted 400. just tryen to see how the justify being damn near double the price of everyone else. thanks guys.

Go to A&E. Awesome staff. Got lots of friends that take their bikes and racing quads there. They also shell out some serious cash to sponsor races in Brooks so i like supporting them.

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Martin Motorsports i paid around $320. If the dealer says they have to adjust valves after 10 hours then there is a serious issue.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid around $320 at Stogans in GP, seems like a lot but only the dealer can re-set the computer once the service light comes on so there's not much choice on that first service, I plan to do my own now that first one is done. I also have my doubts that they check the valves but the manual does call for it and my receipt says it's done I guess.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks alot guys, and ya trackside does not check the valves, on the other hand the first time i took my machine out i looked in the morning and there was a big crack in the pod right above the speedo so i had called and said i needed it fixed at no charge, so where im sitting now is i called and told bow cycle that there is people all around me getting these services done for under the 400 mark and i want them to be a bit more reasonable. so if i take it to calgary they will fix that as well as the full service. i also snapped my winch line last right out yanken a fat ass commander lol so i went with synthetic instead, but i appreciate everyones input HUGE. thanks again guys and if there is ever any riding to be done in southern alberta id love to come out with you guys. RIDE on fellas :)

Top Bottom