Can am 10 hour service... Where do u Go? in edmonton

Ranarampage

Reaction score
Just wondering where people take there can ams for the first 10 hour service.
I have been quoted prices all over the map from 390 - 795 (talk about bending over the customer just
matters if you get it sideways or not)... People saying
warrenty voided if after 10 hours not done (even if 10.1), people saying hours don't matter the
Km on the machine have to be above 300, and some dealers acutally adjust the valves (apparently)
and some just listen to them...

I live in Edmonton area. I am thinking Martin on south side even thou there recommend higher km before
the hours just take it in earlier. I will only have about 100 km on the atv at its first service and I don't know about this valve
adjustment thing but I Think I will check it myself after the work is done

Thanks for the help and advice!

Last edited:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring your own Vaseline, Yowser thats alot of cashola.

chop

Reaction score
DO NOT TAKE IT TO MARTIN SOUTH. they will rip you off , i took mine there at 300 km and they replaced the plugs , yes at 300 km hummm. he said they do that so you have a spare set / BS. it was over what they quoted me and still ended over 400 dollars and they don't even check the valves. I laughed when he said they listen to them, like you can here a few thou out . now i heard martin west is good also riverside. best of luck

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riverside is cheaper and they do the valves. Martin west end is a little more and they don't do the valves. I have had good luck with the service at martins west. Riverside has been hit or miss throughout the years.

Ranarampage

Reaction score
Riverside is cheaper and they do the valves. Martin west end is a little more and they don't do the valves. I have had good luck with the service at martins west. Riverside has been hit or miss throughout the years.

How do you know they do the valves?
I am leaning towards taking it to riverside anyways

Yes martin south does say you will have a spare set of spark plugs... Makes no sense to me.. If i want a spare set i would just buy the new ones and leave the ones from factory in there.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well cause of warranty.. the first service is the one where you have to sort of let them bend you over... after that as long as you see the dealer once every six months or so to program in new updates into your computer and then clear the maintenance message.. other wise leave it scroll ,,, does no harm... go ride and don't worry about it.... now if you have a dealer that mite listen, they can leave certain things out on the 10 hr service.. and still say they did it.. if not then it goes by the book... the thing I know is IF they check the valves they will probably be within spec.. I find to check them at like 1000 K or 1500 K cause I have 8500K on mine and only adjusted the valves once, yes once... just checked them after 3000 K and still good...so take it from there.... changing the oil and tranny and diffs is a good idea after break in anyways.. and that is expensive enough if your not doing it... In 8500K I have only changed my spark plugs once and I drag race in an organized rodeo 3 times a year...other than that I don t know if they check tightness of bolts but I do that myself, then im sure 100%... heck I have learned to do 95% of the work myself on my machine.... I know my dealer well so on the first service they only did all the oils and said that was the 10 hr checkup... still I gulped at the price... just to do fluids but the fluids themselves are pricey.. even if its aftermarket...

Last edited:

Ranarampage

Reaction score
300$ for 10hour service!! - Can-Am ATV Forum

Do some reading here. My dealer did the 10hr service on my last two Can Ams for around 200 bucks....all fluids, reset light, general check-over....listen to valves (LOL), out the door.

Which dealer and 200 each that sound like a steal. Listen to valves is a joke a 10 year can listen to the valves

Rotax Mulisha

Reaction score
I know there is a big difference in price between quads and SxS.
Normally get a better deal from the dealership if you bought the machine new from them.
Either way, i dont mind the price so long as they do their job, find the section in your owner manual for the 10hr service and make them sign it.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they have to sign it when they do it.. that goes to brp when they finish.. that's all they need for signage.. as far as the owner goes.. 99% wouldn't know if they did anything anyways.. most do not have the ear to kinda diagnose there valves by listening to them.. years of working with the same machines and you kinda get good at it... there is no deals even if you bought it from them.... they have there set times for these things and that's what they charge.. they like to do it (or lack of doing it ) to the book cause that way they maximize there pocket books... a lot of corners are cut by many dealers... there are many that don't check the valves and say they did, they also don't check every bolt and screw either.. which they say they kinda do... the check over is vague... the things that usually stand out and that the average joe can see is... oils , air filter.. and grease nipples .. that's about it... but not saying every shop is like this.... what I have done is always made a special deal with my dealer (cause I do have a good relationship with them) and they do the oils, grease, check clutches and clean as required and listen to the valves and make an educated guess! 99% they are still in spec.. don't worry! lol and the bill is not expensive at all.. I mean the fluid alone to do engine oil filter, diffs and tranny is not cheap.. add on an hour for the rest and that's cheap compared to a full charge on a 10 hr service.. its steep for sure! from then on I do all my own maintenance to my bike including fixing many things... dealer don't see my bike to much.. warranty.. that is about it and that has expired 5 months ago...lol... the dealer sees it once in a while to update the ecu with updates.. and that's it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom