First ever trail ride!!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So to most this might not seem like a big deal but today I went for my very first trail ride ever!! Out to cataract creek (sp?) and had a blast! When I started sledding in 09 I hopped right into mountain riding so this was totally foreign to me.

I was on a Tundra 550 fan cooled sled. Even did some wrong foot forward turns and "sidehilling" on it. Hehe Makes me consider getting a second trail sled just for the days I want to putt around.

I actually am pretty surprised at how much fun I had. :) just had to share my great day. Hope you all had a good Tuesday as well!! :D :beer:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364957846.134127.jpg

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you thought trail riding was fun, throw a leg over a vintage sled this weekend in Revy, then you'll come full circle.

Haha I was thinking of coming. Qas actually talking to Kelly about that tonight!! Lots going on that weekend and a ton of friends going to be there but on a tight budget. Gotta pay off some house renos and save some $$!! Stupid responsibilities! Lol

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy if you like trail rides you should try and over night one. This year I went from Flatbush to Swanhills stayed the night then back the next day 220km round trip. So Fun!!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Looks like you made it up over the 'skyline'. That can be a really fun trail with a bit a fresh snow, especially when the wind blows it around!! How was the snow down low and in the staging areas?? From the pic, it looks like the BC side would likely still be pretty good if you can get over the pass!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy if you like trail rides you should try and over night one. This year I went from Flatbush to Swanhills stayed the night then back the next day 220km round trip. So Fun!!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Oh man that would be awesome!! Duly noted thanks!!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you made it up over the 'skyline'. That can be a really fun trail with a bit a fresh snow, especially when the wind blows it around!! How was the snow down low and in the staging areas?? From the pic, it looks like the BC side would likely still be pretty good if you can get over the pass!

The snow was pretty sparse. Staging area pretty much no snow and down low very thin and dirt in a lot of spots but we did find some snow which turned out to be fun. But nothing too crazy.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
If you think trail riding was fun you should try ditch banging.....

Everyone told me once you ride the mountains you'll never want to trail ride or ditch bang again.... Trail riding I could do without butditch bangin kicks azz....

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding seismic lines in varied terrain with 3-4 feet of powder is a blast as well. The mountains are great but not always easy to get too.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really cool that you had a great time trail riding. The one thing that everyone seems to forget especially when they get on their keyboard is that it doesn't matter what you are doing wether it's hillclimbing, boondocking, trail riding or having sex, it's as much fun as you make it out to be.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cataract/etherington... it is a blast out there, i just wish the area would get snow like it used to 5-7yrs ago. There are good bowls and tree running along the AB/BC border. Let alone if you get into the elkford side. One of my favorites runs is starting off at etherington and heading into the elkford area (disclosed location;))

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Really cool that you had a great time trail riding. The one thing that everyone seems to forget especially when they get on their keyboard is that it doesn't matter what you are doing wether it's hillclimbing, boondocking, trail riding or having sex, it's as much fun as you make it out to be.

Just remember to have a partner......lol

Top Bottom