Fire Pit , Shop local..

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a portable fire pit, where/who makes em... Locally?
My wish list...
-Looking in that 24-32" diameter with feet. Round, Hexagonal, Square ok.. No triangles though, they scare me....
-Wont rust out/collapse after two years like the last "bought at box store" (that one was way too light a gauge of steel)
-Require some sort of mesh or otherwise grill on top...
-Weight not really a concern however as long as one person can skid er around the yard is good enough...
- Bottom should be approx 12" +- above ground
-Don't need fancy, just functional..

Anything else I should consider?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neilsledder, looking for a project. My recommendation

Thanks for the recommendation! Unfortunately as of right now I got no way of cutting one. I got laid off a month ago so got no access to a water jet or laser cutting.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking along these designs, just heavier metal, the bought ones only last a couple years
. image.jpg
image.jpeg

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is a good thread Ron.
If we don't sell our acreage, we're kind of looking for something rectangular
Or see if the guy the can modify that 4x4 one
I like the ones that you and pfi posted, gives a guy more ideas

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good thread Ron.
If we don't sell our acreage, we're kind of looking for something rectangular
Or see if the guy the can modify that 4x4 one
I like the ones that you and pfi posted, gives a guy more ideas

Got a reply he has 5 currently spoken for and won’t have any ready till next weekend. I am however at the top of his list if he has a cancelation today.

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
001.jpg

002.jpg

I bought this one almost fifteen years ago at Crappy Tire, lasted two winters before the mesh rotted out. Rebuilt with heavier mesh and 1x1/8 flat bar frame. The next year the bottom fell out, I cut 4 inches off a truck rim [22.5"] and welded a piece of 1/4 plate to make the dish. A couple years later the legs and the rest of the frame started to collapse...held together with coat hangers and rust. The top cap is stainless steel, it discoloured from the heat...got me thinkin'. The Ol' lady really like the design, getting heat/light from all sides. So I headed to Metal Supermarket and bought 1/2 x 1/2 and 3/4 x 3/4 stainless steel square bar, had the 1/2" rolled into rings and I put small kink in the 3/4" for the legs...brother tig welded all together six years ago. When the mesh and dish crap out again I'll do them in stainless as well.
My $.02

Top Bottom