Fines for creek crossings?

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went and fished this little creek other day. An old hwy used to go beside it in this spot. They took the bridge out years and years ago and now all the jeeps trucks and quads cross through the creek. I was catching little trout one ofter the other not more than 50 feet downstream of the crossing. So is crossing a stream hurting anything? My opinion is no it's not.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went and fished this little creek other day. An old hwy used to go beside it in this spot. They took the bridge out years and years ago and now all the jeeps trucks and quads cross through the creek. I was catching little trout one ofter the other not more than 50 feet downstream of the crossing. So is crossing a stream hurting anything? My opinion is no it's not.

Great information.

Thanks for posting a positive creek adventure and fishing trip.

honda75

Reaction score
In the Court Pages of today's Rocky Mountaineer newspaper in RMH - "Creek Crossing Nets Fine"

Says judge gave $500 fine under Public Lands Act. Fishermen reported ATV crossing stream. Didn't say anything about stunting or driving down river.

Be careful out there, they are enforcing the law.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the Court Pages of today's Rocky Mountaineer newspaper in RMH - "Creek Crossing Nets Fine"

Says judge gave $500 fine under Public Lands Act. Fishermen reported ATV crossing stream. Didn't say anything about stunting or driving down river.

Be careful out there, they are enforcing the law.

Be nice to know all the details and location.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see they are going after people who random camp for more than 14 days consecutively.
That's great news , ran into a few May long weekend , pretty sure I know what they were doing with the black tank ... lol
About time they clamped down on this...
Camping is one thing , living out there is another !
1500$ fine !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swiller

Reaction score
Seen multiple quads go through a creek right by where we were camped .....thing is ,they could easy go around on the road like other people were ....wtf??!!!....can't fix stupid but u can fine it

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen multiple quads go through a creek right by where we were camped .....thing is ,they could easy go around on the road like other people were ....wtf??!!!....can't fix stupid but u can fine it

Was the road legal for OHV's to drive on?

Did they follow a trail straight across the creek and continue?

Just curious.

Top Bottom