Fines for creek crossings?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem for jet boats, it is perfectly legal for them to turn and entire river system from clear.. to brown. Has to be killing every dam fish egg in the entire river. No possible way any 1000 atv's could be doing 1/2 the damage one jet boat does in a single day.

You have a boat do you?
Entire river system from clear ....brown?
1000 atv's 1/2 the damage of one jet boat?
I have boat , UTV and ATV and you have no idea do you?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure do have a few boats.. as well as atv's utv's and atc's, seen 40k of clear river turned all brown the entire way up from one jet boat. Sticks and crap of all sorts coming down as well

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure do have a few boats.. as well as atv's utv's and atc's, seen 40k of clear river turned all brown the entire way up from one jet boat. Sticks and crap of all sorts coming down as well

Sorry ? Bullshi!!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know much about jet boats... But if idiots keep riding in one of the main rivers in the area , it will soon be ( riding area) shut down ....
There were dozens of puddles miles away from the river to do this ...
just spreading the message ...that is all .

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not even seen that much damage even with the monitors we used to on the rivers for gold mining. And they where going up fishing...so much for the fish.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know much about jet boats... But if idiots keep riding in one of the main rivers in the area , it will soon be ( riding area) shut down ....
There were dozens of puddles miles away from the river to do this ...
just spreading the message ...that is all .

Picture is from a far distance. Earlier they had a machine in the water.

Rzrgade and myself drove over and explained to stay out of water.

They gave us the F off Additude we could not get plate pictures plus was a group out them.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time your enjoying your trip up those crystal clear streams pay attention to what that enormous jet thrust is doing to the gravel and the wash from the waves your making. I really think there is more water jet force coming from your jet boats than was coming from our monitors ...sorry if the truth hurts. But your jet boats are doing far more damage to fish eggs than any atv could possible do in 20 life times. It takes until the next day for the river looks clean again.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^
Well sir , the rivers must me mud banked ,silt bed rivers as I have spent many years on the rivers and any rivers I have been on are all cobble ,gravel and big rocks.
Three four boats and you can't tell other then the wet rocks on shore from the wave going by.
Different rivers I guess.

Three boats have passed by already .

Quads or SXS's hanging with mud and ripping up down a clean stream or river washing them off ?????
Completely different don't you think?

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time your enjoying your trip up those crystal clear streams pay attention to what that enormous jet thrust is doing to the gravel and the wash from the waves your making. I really think there is more water jet force coming from your jet boats than was coming from our monitors ...sorry if the truth hurts. But your jet boats are doing far more damage to fish eggs than any atv could possible do in 20 life times. It takes until the next day for the river looks clean again.

These are the type of uninformed, inflammatory comments made by people either with an agenda or possibly just a lack of actual knowledge. Ever seen a river consistency change from clear to muddy cause of a storm/rainfall, how many times a year , ever see what ice forming and melting and breaking out does, ever see what landslides do to river clarity, ever see what construction does when building fords or bridges, and the fish are fine, they survive. its really not even a viable debate, maybe to the people who really don't have knowledge about the topic. A river is capable of protecting itself from natures fury, which is far more violent than the wakes caused by thousands of boats, so the argument really has no merit .
You bet gasoline, diesel, oil, brake fluid, etc that can be left from vehicles and atv's can cause actual damage to any rivers ecosystem. As long as boats aren't leaking fluids, spilling fluids or littering in other ways, a very short while after a boat has passed , Sherlock Holmes would be guessing .

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started noticing this 20 years back....motive...none. It would be different if there was just one jet boat on one river. But we know this is not the case. Regulate yourself and do not go on the rivers when the fish are spawning or where they are spawn ..and for a good 2 months after that. Deep large rivers are not spawning beds, shallow slow moving ones are. These are the ones most like to run. Don't blame me if you do not heed my warnings. At least I am giving you some.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
REMINDER FOR OHV DRIVERS
Any off road vehicles, snowmobiles or All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) are allowed to be operated in the ditches of County Right of Ways, specifically, on Township and Range Roads only, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 p.m..

You can also operate OHVs on your private property and crown land any time. All OHVs must be properly insured and registered and all riders MUST have a DOT approved helmet.

All OHVs must travel at a reasonable rate of speed, which is 30 km in hamlets and 50 km in ditches.Violators can be fined and/or have their OHV seized.

For more information, please contact the Brazeau County office to speak with a Community Peace Officer at 780-542-7777.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is an excellent question, one that has been asked governments over and over and.......crickets! I wish any government would have the balls to give us citizens a motorized recreation plan, with a funding model......much like hunters have now.

It's easy. If we as ohv users band together and down right refuse to pay registration fees until our money goes towards our sport for bridges,trail maintenance etc, then maybe they will stop being a bunch of bullies and do the right thing and put that money where it belongs.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's easy. If we as ohv users band together and down right refuse to pay registration fees until our money goes towards our sport for bridges,trail maintenance etc, then maybe they will stop being a bunch of bullies and do the right thing and put that money where it belongs.
I beg to differ......nothing, it seems, is ever "easy". If it were, the good work of many people over many years and many meetings would mean we have a recognized "plan" in Alberta for motorized recreation, that would probably be varied by area/location. But I wish........

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
REMINDER FOR OHV DRIVERS
Any off road vehicles, snowmobiles or All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) are allowed to be operated in the ditches of County Right of Ways, specifically, on Township and Range Roads only, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 p.m..

You can also operate OHVs on your private property and crown land any time. All OHVs must be properly insured and registered and all riders MUST have a DOT approved helmet.

All OHVs must travel at a reasonable rate of speed, which is 30 km in hamlets and 50 km in ditches.Violators can be fined and/or have their OHV seized.

For more information, please contact the Brazeau County office to speak with a Community Peace Officer at 780-542-7777.

Just wondering what county is doing this, and did the helmet law in Alberta get passed.

I been using my Saskatchewan Watermelon bucket that is food grade approved,,, kinda DOT or CSA, Ha.

Pal Don trying to learn what's new in the home land

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what county is doing this, and did the helmet law in Alberta get passed.

I been using my Saskatchewan Watermelon bucket that is food grade approved,,, kinda DOT or CSA, Ha.

Pal Don trying to learn what's new in the home land

This is Braz county bylaw. Look on Facebook.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's awesome Arff, and helmet to go with package to I'm guessing.

Did the helmet law thing come into play province wide yet, just checking in case I missed the boat Ha.

I forget to read the news one day and find out later that man landed on the moon in 1969,,, did I ever sleep in that day. Ha

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did the helmet law thing come into play province wide yet, just checking in case I missed the boat Ha.

I forget to read the news one day and find out later that man landed on the moon in 1969,,, did I ever sleep in that day. Ha

No Provincial law yet.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I enjoy your lost in the west thread and would hate if the reason it ended was because you failed to protect your noodle. Dude, please trade in your watermelon for a helmit, especially when you're travelling solo.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's in the works as my pal is making me a Mal-Mack-Salad-Bowl skid lid as we speak, Ha.

Time is closing in for me too protect my fluffy lettuce as I age gracefully.

Noodle is still in good shape as its so organized,,, now ,,, where did I put my dam keys.

Pal Lem, not the sharpest pencil in the pack, but not the dullest either. LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom