Finally a real test.... turbo 144 hp RZR vs Can Am Turbo 131 hp SXS.....

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here now is a test between both the popo and can am sxs... both 16 models... the rzr at 13 hp MORE ( 144 hp ) then the maverick at 131 hp... the other video i posted was the new popo against the 121 hp 2015 maverick....

for 13 hp more in the popo, it sure does' nt win against the Can Am sxs turbo... wonder what popo did wrong....hehe

https://youtu.be/41khP2XPMWQ

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ALL in all they are kinda close... the popo does beat the mav in the straight sand races there... but again its all about traction ... and other variables... but that said... 13 hp more is sort of a slap in popo face cause it should have wasted the mav in all the drags... i mean too the popo weights 200 lbs more also and has less torque then the can am.... the rxr forums dont like this video... its like wasps all flying mad over there ready to sting whatever comes along... hehe

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
ALL in all they are kinda close... the popo does beat the mav in the straight sand races there... but again its all about traction ... and other variables... but that said... 23 hp more is sort of a slap in popo face cause it should have wasted the mav in all the drags... i mean too the popo weights 200 lbs more also and has less torque then the can am.... the rxr forums dont like this video... its like wasps all flying mad over there ready to sting whatever comes along... hehe

would you just buy a side by side already...... ;)

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the polaris geared lower than the canam? I would like to see side by side with some mud.:)

Ron... i am not sure... its so new still that the people i know down in the US... dont know either yet....
i am sure that i will know that soon thou and once i do i will post it...

its still a while away but i will have one to ride for 3 days next March in Texas ... when i am down there again.. anyone want to come and experience MUD NATS and CMR racing? got to pay your own way... hehe

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummmm. So, I got out my trusty Texas Instruments TI-81 graphing calculator, and found that 144hp is only THIRTEEN more than 131hp. NOT 23. ;)

ya ya...i hear you.... i had 13 and then changed it... why? for some reason i was thinking of the 121 hp 2015 turbo can am... lmao
i will change it back... hehe...my eyes looked down and to the left a tad... i should have looked way left... where i typed 131... not the 121...

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much hp is your bike .... Exactly ?? Not rounded up..#s
to the 3rd decimal point....

Mark , it would appear all this time you have been BSing us with a hyped up claim of 12.543687633238900753235689086554468898644688432780986643238997544678...
more RWHP than actual dyno # s.....show.

Man you CA guys can stretch a story out ......

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine when we did it end of the year two years ago.. i did 86.08 rwhp at 8340 rpm....
then last year when i went up to torqued to test that hmf header for this appication for hmf we got another 5.7 rwhp out of that and then got another 2.4 out of a new set of GT cams over what i had... so we gained 8.2 rwhp over a new base line cause we dynoed in August at + 25C compared to the dyno session in the winter at - 24 at xmas that time... temp plays a big difference...

so you cant just add up my 86.08 and my 8.2 cause that would be a bit exagerated.... so i say i did 90... sort of inbetween... temp robs tons of power. but if it drops for the performance bikes it drops for the stock ones too... so really everything is equal still....

and this is RWHP ... not crank as the maufacturers say.... a turbo mav 2015 with the 121 crank hp only puts 90 to the wheels... its about an average of 30% drop...

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is the dyno sheet for the motor in the winter... when we did the motor...

in the first dyno sheet or pic for the ones that dont know how to read one... it shows top speed ... at the bottom left if shows max rpm for the top speed of X..... 8620 rpm i was doing 91.5 mph on the dyno

the second sheet or pic shows my rwhp and torque on the first graph..... on the second graph and shiftout rpm on the third graph.... you see where i shiftout at and from peak hp i only drop like 6 or 7 hp till i get to 87 mph where kevin let off....

the small dyno sheet is run right up to about my rev limter which is set at 9000 rpm stock is 8250.... i shiftout at 8300 when i go from a stop still and keep her WOT till shiftout occurs at max hp... then it goes up to when ever you want to let off... its really way to fast and i have never had it there except on the dyno....

Attachments

• MORE DYNO 2013 004.jpg
    MORE DYNO 2013 004.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 192
  • MORE DYNO 2013 005.jpg
    MORE DYNO 2013 005.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ray... found out why i overheated there on the poker rally when i quadded with you and the wife and Neville and Nancy .....

it was the start of my rad fan going south.... remember it happened only once on the friday and then saturday i was fine.... well the next ride i did a week later was a little worse and then the last ride here this last weekend was the killer... Fan bit the bucket... gone... took it out early this week and replaced it... every thing fine now... thats my second fan to bite the dust in 11200 km... not bad....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ray... found out why i overheated there on the poker rally when i quadded with you and the wife and Neville and Nancy .....

it was the start of my rad fan going south.... remember it happened only once on the friday and then saturday i was fine.... well the next ride i did a week later was a little worse and then the last ride here this last weekend was the killer... Fan bit the bucket... gone... took it out early this week and replaced it... every thing fine now... thats my second fan to bite the dust in 11200 km... not bad....[/QUOTE

trade that pos in before it grenades it's self!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom