Fernie's "The Notch" from lodgepole rd.?

jlundstrom8

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to this whole forum thing but ive had my share of great powder days in The mountains on snowboards and sleds.
im just new to the fernie area!
Ive been up the pipeline from corbin roads tin shack and from coal creek road to get my way up to the notch.
i was curious if theres a funner way to get up there from either morrissey road or loadgepole.
ive read that morrissey is closed but i dont know much about lodgepole.
my question is....
can i stage at lodgepole?
Does the pipeline go right thru lodgepole?
What is the terain like going to the notch that way?

Any comments are much appriciated!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im new to this whole forum thing but ive had my share of great powder days in The mountains on snowboards and sleds.
Ive been up the pipeline from corbin roads tin shack and from coal creek road to get my way up to the notch.
i was curious if theres a funner way to get up there from either morrissey road or loadgepole.
my question is....

Save the driving and just go to Coal Creek. You can't get to the notch from the south, the trail is rough and the drive in is a lot longer. By the time you drive to the south, you can already be unloaded and at the notch from Coal Creek basically. The Rolling Hills is the best terrain around anyway IMO and best accessed from the Coal Crk road, it opens up the most terrain.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Modman said that's the quickest route . If you try from Corbin and head up the Flathead by the time you negotiate the getting there its time to head back.

OrangePeeler

Reaction score
any new condition updates for the rolling hills and notch. Going to come out this weekend and give it a try.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is possible to do but there is a significant avalanche area to navigate through close to the top. Coal Creek is your best bet.

my question is....

jlundstrom8

Reaction score
Save the driving and just go to Coal Creek. You can't get to the notch from the south, the trail is rough and the drive in is a lot longer. By the time you drive to the south, you can already be unloaded and at the notch from Coal Creek basically. The Rolling Hills is the best terrain around anyway IMO and best accessed from the Coal Crk road, it opens up the most terrain.

is the rolling hills on the right side behind the new cabin up coal creek?
I like the notch but i somtimes bring rookies with me and the notch can be a little to much for them...

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is the rolling hills on the right side behind the new cabin up coal creek?
I like the notch but i somtimes bring rookies with me and the notch can be a little to much for them...
Yes it is up behind the new cabin and should be epic right now

Top Bottom