Fernie Winter 2016-2017

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need your wife to talk to mine about this situation you now have on your hands boss.
Looks like she was ripping

Yea she finally figured out why i love sledding, it took many failed days but it finally worked out for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea she finally figured out why i love sledding, it took many failed days but it finally worked out for me!

I need to get my gf out a few more times. Maybe have to plan a "family" ride one day either elkford or Fernie.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get to Hartley Lake staging area with a 4 place trailer?

Is it possible...yes.

Is it recommended...no.

The people that live along the road really don't like it when they find a four-place jackknifed and blocking their access in and out.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Is it possible to get to Hartley Lake staging area with a 4 place trailer?

Is it possible...yes.

Is it recommended...no.

The people that live along the road really don't like it when they find a four-place jackknifed and blocking their access in and out.

I agree. There is also a note on the FSA trail map that trucks pulling trailers require chains to access the staging area. There is a reason for that statement. When you turn the first corner and find out that it was a bad decision, it is too late to back down comfortably.

Burrhead

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Was just wanting to try riding a different area and don't want to get into trouble. I have chains but not sure it is worth the trouble. What is the riding area like?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
............... What is the riding area like?

I'm biased as I don't like riding long trails. Powder Bob's is at least a 40 km ride of big whoops both ways. If the snow is fresh, it can be a small fun place. Not a lot of riding off the trail until near the end of the 40 km, if I remember correctly. There is the Three Sisters' riding area (closer) and that is not for beginners as there is a snotty, icy luge run to get in and out.

Burrhead

Reaction score
I'm biased as I don't like riding long trails. Powder Bob's is at least a 40 km ride of big whoops both ways. If the snow is fresh, it can be a small fun place. Not a lot of riding off the trail until near the end of the 40 km, if I remember correctly. There is the Three Sisters' riding area (closer) and that is not for beginners as there is a snotty, icy luge run to get in and out.

That's what I wanted to know Doug, thanks, definitely not into riding long rough trails either. No interest in going to the 3 sisiters have heard to many bad stories about the luge run. I guess we will stay to the areas we know.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's with the luge run? I'm not interested in going there, but I like to hear about the different areas.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the luge run is instead of going through the pearly gates the guys now take a different way to the soda walls.

Burrhead

Reaction score

Hey Doug, just wondering if you know if we can access lodge pole, harvey pass yet? Are they done logging there for the season?

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Major logging traffic on the Lodgepole, all the way up to the Flathead.
Do not go up there without a radio and knowledge please.

Burrhead

Reaction score
Major logging traffic on the Lodgepole, all the way up to the Flathead.
Do not go up there without a radio and knowledge please.

Thanks for the info. Will not be going up if they are still logging.
Do you know when they will be done logging?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year they logged late into spring, I guess it depends on the year, I've only gone down the lodgepole once this year and I can't be bothered to with how many trucks are rolling down the road

Burrhead

Reaction score
Last year they logged late into spring, I guess it depends on the year, I've only gone down the lodgepole once this year and I can't be bothered to with how many trucks are rolling down the road

Thanks for the info.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The snow was awesome today.........................and it was deep! Easily 60-90 cm depending on where one was riding; the leeward was the deepest. Blower pow throughout the Rolling Hills. Riding was phenomenal! Stuck city for these flatlanders but a great day was had by all. We were some thirsty by the end of the day......................:beer:

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are Doug just south of you at graves creek and it's the same here, looking at your pictures, just amazing, we rode barns ranch, three days back and cane up to China wall via the river and snow was ok, but not like your picture.. what a year we are having, snowing now and all day yesterday

Jonmudry

Reaction score
Anyone looking for a riding partner or wouldn't mind a tag along sat or sun?

Intermediate rider with Avi gear and a knows how to use a shovel!

Top Bottom