Fernie Winter 2016-2017

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any update on the "gun range" area on the north side of the #3?

Opposite side from Corbin Rd.

Wondering if we should drive all the way to Morrissey or try another area.

Thanks

Is this the Alexander area where you park just off the highway east of the Corbin road.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the spot. Sorry can't comment on conditions haven't been out this year.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Doug, that's how you kept youthful like the rest of us ole guys. We use to ride also prior to the groomed trail days down south too!! lol I remember wearing black garbage bags back in the early 80's going back into rain gauge or barnes on wet days. And you learned quickly how to ride 3' moguls quickly with 4" of suspension!!!

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree ! They should be giving a refund on trail passes when parking lots are a gong show because of no maintenance . Then you hop on the connector trail that has never been groomed. What happened to the best club in the Koots?

calmac

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the east Kootenays and I'm wanting to check out the riding around Fernie this weekend. Looking for a group I can tag along with either Sunday or Monday.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the days not that long ago of $10 trail passes and barely ever a speed bump on any trail. "Under new Management" now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad rain crust below 2000m. Ok above that. Avy conditions are no Joke right now either. There are some bad layers showing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Flyer

Reaction score
We spent Saturday at Fernie. Two novices and an intermediate rider. The snow was good! Lots of it! I wish we could have seen it before the rain, but hey, maybe when I'm retired?

We rode the connector trail, and turned around part way. The person directing parking told us the trail was freshly groomed, so we thought there must have been another trail that we missed! Turns out the groomer missed the connector! The rest of the trail was acceptable. A passable access to the cabin and the terrain beyond. That's all we ask.

I'm not one to criticize any volunteer organization. I will say that the young lady selling trail passes may have felt some guilt, because she lowered the price to $20 per sled without my asking. The club holds some obligation to those who buy passes, and to their local sponsors. If they fail to meet expectations then tourism will suffer, their sponsors will become frustrated, and trail pass sales volume will decline. We weren't dissatisfied. We're very realistic with our expectations. We can't help because we don't live near. We're reliant on the local club to facilitate our fun. We'll return to buy more passes. We wish them success.

Please, if you aren't satisfied, try to be constructive, try to help, and offer what financial support you're able to. Volunteerism is waning, and we're going to miss these folks if they aren't encouraged.

Top Bottom