Fernie Winter 2016-2017

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome day yesterday good snow and a couple of stucks. Just waiting today for the roads to open so we can make our way back home.

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might as well ride if you can. Drive BC still says no expected time of reopening yet. Guessing that's not great news if your sitting waiting for road reopening.
Drive and ride safe. Roads home last night were pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I was hoping they would close Saturday Eve! Haha.

Yeah wish I could have gotten out there sat eve as I missed getting through by about 4 hours!
Oh well. Hopefully the pow lasts for a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The snow is deep and the avi report for today and tomorrow is Extreme/Extreme/High in the South Rockies. Lots of slabs yesterday in the steeper trees with cracks and propagation. The new snow needs some time to bond and settle before going full bore in areas other than the safe areas.

Ride safe and keep buddies close for safety purposes.

Tried a picture (a Trudeau-type selfie) with the big camera. I was standing on an old track and the fresh snow is above the Klim symbol on the leg of my bibs. Easily, 60 cm and that was before lunch yesterday.

IMG_4636.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Adam was on the bike. Got both stuck many times

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Heard from a very reliable source that it is the max or over the max for the bikes until some settling occurs. Don't know myself as I don't ride bikes but a good buddy (an extreme rider) who was parked beside me made the statement yesterday.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Yeah I'd agree with that... The airbox on this was lasting 3 min or less between Clean outs and the bike was poaching sled tracks for the most part today

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was trapped in Fernie for three crazy good days . Best snow I have ridden for years . Who says you don't need a 174. A big shout out to staff at park place they were very busy and all very nice.

ARCTIC FOZZY

Reaction score
Well I've got some good news and some bad news. We destroyed the pipeline today from Corbin to the cabin. It's not going to be fun to ride on when it sets up. Lol. Good news is that the snow was so deep we were not able to get into much of the open fields. So they are all yours. Best snow I have seen in a lot of years. Happy sledding.

Top Bottom