Fernie Winter 2016-2017

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I was a little busy today.....................Skis under 3" of ice and it took 3 of us 3 hours to extricate that beast. Friggin' meadows enyweys???????????????????

IMG_4621.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That "meadow" looks suspiciously similar to a pond.

There is no water in the meadow but there is a creek with tributaries on one end. Everyone is warned and anyone who has been there before knows the problems. I always like to go and jump a few of them and someone decided to follow but the left ski found some rotten ice. There was only 70 cm of snow in that meadow if you are wondering. I keep saying a pretty skinny year..................some places have more, some have less !

My Movie 1.jpg

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that's the spot I think it is, that is definitely 'low snow' for end of January.

Pretty fun place though, with enough snow... As is directly above it.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a little exploration would be key I guess.
Prob just gonna be two of us so might be a good day to try some different areas on the map. See where we can go.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=ferniesnow;2365694]There is no water in the meadow but there is a creek with tributaries on one end. Everyone is warned and anyone who has been there before knows the problems. I always like to go and jump a few of them and someone decided to follow but the left ski found some rotten ice. There was only 70 cm of snow in that meadow if you are wondering. I keep saying a pretty skinny year..................some places have more, some have less !

[/QUOTE]

Wow...those meadows are really thin Doug. Remember being in there years ago where it would be super deep. I could only imagine how many rocks are showing up above the lake right now.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
QUOTE=ferniesnow;2365694]There is no water in the meadow but there is a creek with tributaries on one end. Everyone is warned and anyone who has been there before knows the problems. I always like to go and jump a few of them and someone decided to follow but the left ski found some rotten ice. There was only 70 cm of snow in that meadow if you are wondering. I keep saying a pretty skinny year..................some places have more, some have less !

Wow...those meadows are really thin Doug. Remember being in there years ago where it would be super deep. I could only imagine how many rocks are showing up above the lake right now.[/QUOTE]

The same meadow you and uncle Don had that "experience gaining event" in! The only good thing about it was that it was untracked.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow...those meadows are really thin Doug. Remember being in there years ago where it would be super deep. I could only imagine how many rocks are showing up above the lake right now.

The same meadow you and uncle Don had that "experience gaining event" in! The only good thing about it was that it was untracked.[/QUOTE]

After watching you devour half of the shrimp in the Pacific Ocean we didn't want to see you become overweight so we thought we'd give you some exercise...

By the way..if memory serves me right I do recall a certain wrapped 174 that was either attempting to climb Johnny Jackpine or blend in with the rest of the surrounding foliage?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The same meadow you and uncle Don had that "experience gaining event" in! The only good thing about it was that it was untracked.

By the way..if memory serves me right I do recall a certain wrapped 174 that was either attempting to climb Johnny Jackpine or blend in with the rest of the surrounding foliage?[/QUOTE]

Well, in my mind that's a little more creative than getting stuck in a wide open meadow like a couple of folks I know!

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way..if memory serves me right I do recall a certain wrapped 174 that was either attempting to climb Johnny Jackpine or blend in with the rest of the surrounding foliage?

Well, in my mind that's a little more creative than getting stuck in a wide open meadow like a couple of folks I know![/QUOTE]

Nah...if you could stick a 174 like that we'd be silly to follow you...

ProRmk800

Reaction score
With the recent warm temps and active logging whats access like for getting to the staging areas and parking with a 30 ft inclosed is a person better with a smaller trailer or a sled deck

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Second parking lot at Morrissey for large trailers.
Been working pretty good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom