Fernie Winter 2016-2017

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another day in the trees and another day with lots of untracked. Once again, the probe was a shock; in a leeward side at elevation there was only 135 cm. A good hoar event has been happening and it just might turn out to be another layer to watch a little later in the season.

Attachments

• IMG_4593.jpg
    IMG_4593.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone to go for a ride with tomorrow.
Anybody going for a rip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProRmk800

Reaction score
Hartley access and big trailers do not play well with each other.
Steep, winding, narrow and slippery.
I would not do it.
Coal Creek is closed. Morrissey has ok access for large trailers if you get there early enough.
Park in the lower lot.

Can a person still access rolling hills some where else then?

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you call the rolling hills but if you stage at Morrissey, you can get to both cabins via groomed trail.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh hey, saw a chopper long lining something out of the area yesterday. Sure looked like a sled. Anyone have the story?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yesterday was a day of exploring. I've been thinking about a new trail for a few years now and keep adding a little bit with each passing season. Found a great area two days ago and kept dropping down until it got too steep. We tried from the bottom up yesterday and our best rider got to within 200 vertical feet of the previous days tracks. We are close but that 200 vertical feet might be insurmountable. The challenge is there and a few more days of poking around just might put a big smile on our face!

The Poo rider maybe should have been riding a Cat...................................another great day in the trees and creeks!

IMG_4611.jpg

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exploring? Did someone say exploring?
You guy my number. I'll bring the chainsaw!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Exploring? Did someone say exploring?
You guy my number. I'll bring the chainsaw!

You know we can't "cut" a trail without permission and a whole bunch of paper work from BC Recreation and Trails. Snowshoes are allowed to go around the trees.................got some of those????

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what if you explore & get stuck in the trees?? then you have to take tress down to get unstuck?? Is this allowed??

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
what if you explore & get stuck in the trees?? then you have to take tress down to get unstuck?? Is this allowed??

That has not been a problem yet (other than in the minds of our antagonists). The actual making of unapproved trails (with the cutting of trees for said trail) is not allowed. I try to work my way through the bush without "cutting" a trail and there is nothing illegal about that. Even with a firewood permit, it is illegal to cut green trees so in reality we are hooped for "cutting a new trail".

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have often wondered if there was a back way into what we call the gullies from the corbin road. It looks very steep . However we saw tracks from that side one spring coming in . Looks beuty over there, How are the rocks and stumps?

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have often wondered if there was a back way into what we call the gullies from the corbin road. It looks very steep . However we saw tracks from that side one spring coming in . Looks beuty over there, How are the rocks and stumps?
I have never heard of any riding area in Fernie known as the gullies? Not sure where you are talking?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom