Fernie Winter 2016-2017

Big Diesel

Reaction score
I'm on a bike and we road from tin shack to notch, it was rough and low snow, lots of creeks open and lost of rocks becareful,

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All in all sounds like pretty skinny for the average guy to find good snow. Are you guys having to go way back to find decent snow? What are the chances of the average guy finding fresh?
Hoping the reload comes soon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to look real hard to find fresh. We really haven't had a major storm in two weeks.
All in all sounds like pretty skinny for the average guy to find good snow. Are you guys having to go way back to find decent snow? What are the chances of the average guy finding fresh?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

It is tough for the average guy to find fresh. If you are adventurous Luke, there is fresh around and "you don't have to go way back!" This is less than 2 km from the Rolling Hills cabin. The boys from SK were played out, tired, and suffering from thin air after our day today. Another day of great snow but not that deep at 145 cm.

IMG_4571 2.jpg

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is tough for the average guy to find fresh. If you are adventurous Luke, there is fresh around and "you don't have to go way back!" This is less than 2 km from the Rolling Hills cabin. The boys from SK were played out, tired, and suffering from thin air after our day today. Another day of great snow but not that deep at 145 cm.

View attachment 202014

Thanks for the info Doug. Looks like it's still decent if a guy can find the snow. Hoping for a couple heavy snow falls before riding early feb!!

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea. Hopefully we can find some decent snow on Sunday. Possibly bringing a newbie along for the ride.
Is there anywhere to rent a sled and gear in fernie? On a Sunday?

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been told Ghostriders rents sleds and gear.
Check with Gearhub. I know the used to rent.
Be sitting down when you get your price quote though!

ProRmk800

Reaction score
New to ridding Fernie what are the coal creek & morrissey staging areas like if you have a 30FT inclosed trailer? My understanding hartley lake is hard to access and is only recommended with a sled deck or small two place trailer. Any info would be great! Cheers!

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New to ridding Fernie what are the coal creek & morrissey staging areas like if you have a 30FT inclosed trailer? My understanding hartley lake is hard to access and is only recommended with a sled deck or small two place trailer. Any info would be great! Cheers!

Hartley access and big trailers do not play well with each other.
Steep, winding, narrow and slippery.
I would not do it.
Coal Creek is closed. Morrissey has ok access for large trailers if you get there early enough.
Park in the lower lot.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The snow was great today albeit still a little skinny with a hazard here and a hazard there. The day started out with a specular sunrise and another day of untracked in the steeper trees. The ditch bangers did well today and the 4 G4's were a sight to see up in the trees with the technical riding.

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom