Fernie Winter 2016-2017

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks so nice! Hopefully I can get out over the Christmas break!
Thanks for posting everyone. Makes this last day at the office just a bit better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A great day with good buddies and unsuspecting buddies just dropping in to help out with a few stucks. The snow is different; not real deep but no real base that we are accustomed to. When the tracks dig, they go down the full 160 cm and there is nothing to grab a hold of. A fun day and no carnage which is good. Still needs lots of snow to be comfortabe and not worry about the hazards. Yes, there is some wind blown pockets that are great but generally or overall, it is not ready to really giver!

Yesterday, theThing was loaded and worked wonders again. Al and Pete have done a great job for theThing for the 850's. We had Mango/Curry shrimp and BBQ'd strip loin with a healthy dose of onions.

IMG_4515.jpg IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4510.jpg IMG_4511.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have room for another rider Saturday or Sunday?
I've heard it's Christmas or something???? but the sledding is great!

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the grooming is in progress!! Hoping we get another shot of snow through the holidays to refill all the tracks!

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the grooming is in progress!! Hoping we get another shot of snow through the holidays to refill all the tracks!

Yes we had a nice groomed trail yesterday! Hoping for more snow as we did not ride today as we decided to zip home instead of riding with bad visibility as it was snowing good today.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have room for another rider Saturday or Sunday?
I've heard it's Christmas or something???? but the sledding is great!

Not riding tomorrow but we will have to get out soon!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes we had a nice groomed trail yesterday! Hoping for more snow as we did not ride today as we decided to zip home instead of riding with bad visibility as it was snowing good today.

Visibility wasn't a problem at all. Just get into the trees and it was great. Not a lot of snow came down. There was maybe 2-3 cm on the truck at the end of the day.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Visibility wasn't a problem at all. Just get into the trees and it was great. Not a lot of snow came down. There was maybe 2-3 cm on the truck at the end of the day.
That is surprising, we were pretty sore from riding two days anyways. We were only going to ride till around 2 anyways. Decided to get home to the family! Be back soon!

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staged at Morrissey late in the morning and there were only three other trucks in the parking area. Asked the ticket girl what was up and she said the CO was there looking for people who did not have registration...most of the people left which of course cuts down on the fees collected. Rumour has it that one of the locals complained to the CO about non registered sleds so they had to investigate. Apparently someone is still very unhappy with the Fernie Snowmobile Association. The guy needs to get a life. On the plus side... the trail was in wicked shape, but you have to look a little harder for the pow. Merry Christmas to everyone...even the unhappy guy.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
In another incident, I heard the unhappy guy even complained to BC Recreation and Trails about the process of collecting daily trail pass fees. Just another batch of energy/time the executive had to expend instead of doing what they do best; providing a great place to snowmobile. If the unhappy guy could channel his energy to help the masses instead of fighting the masses, it would be a better place for sure.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In another incident, I heard the unhappy guy even complained to BC Recreation and Trails about the process of collecting daily trail pass fees. Just another batch of energy/time the executive had to expend instead of doing what they do best; providing a great place to snowmobile. If the unhappy guy could channel his energy to help the masses instead of fighting the masses, it would be a better place for sure.

Yup. Was told that's why they have the truck parked on the staging area.
"Somebody" complained about collecting day pass fees on the road(Crown land)
Gettin' kinda silly.

jhard

Reaction score
Was going to ride fernie Tomorrow but my buddies can't make it, Is there anyone riding that has room for one? I ride a 2017 axys 163 3" have all the gear including airbag and know how to use all, been riding for years , let me know thanks

Top Bottom