Fernie Winter 2016-2017

Ryzo

Reaction score
We are heading to Fernie on Saturday for our first EVER snowmobile ride. We are looking for some suggestions on a family area with some easy groomed trails so we can teach the kids how to ride. We took the AST1 classroom class last weekend and we are in Fernie doing the field training on Sunday (we are taking the classes so we know what dangers we need to avoid - we want to be safe.) We were hoping to get out on Saturday to try the new sleds out. Any suggestions on where to go? We want to avoid any avalanche areas and stick only to the groomed trails. My husband would like to play in the powder a bit but sounds like buried tree stumps may still be an issue?? Also we are pulling a large trailer so parking advise may be helpful too.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are heading to Fernie on Saturday for our first EVER snowmobile ride. We are looking for some suggestions on a family area with some easy groomed trails so we can teach the kids how to ride. We took the AST1 classroom class last weekend and we are in Fernie doing the field training on Sunday (we are taking the classes so we know what dangers we need to avoid

Morrisey just west of Fernie sounds like the place for you guys, the groomer is expected to be out this week so the trail should be in decent shape and I would expect them to groom to one of the cabins if not both. For more info check out Fernie Snowmobile Association and hopefully your family enjoys your visit!

bud800

Reaction score
Also the pipeline ROW at Morrissey tends to be pert near a groomed trail just a bit like a whooped out sno-x track. Take it easy though and it's reasonable for sure and will gain you access to some great easy riding areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I would like to go out sat, if anyone is looking and can meet anywhere. I'm in Kimberley and can join you. Thx

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are looking to head out next Thursday. Where's a good place to stay with open deck trailer parking? Provided there's vacancy.

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to Fernie Xmas week and want to make sure my radio has the frequency for the morrissey road. Does anyone no it. Ihave tried to search around and can't find it. Probably looking in the wrong place. Thanks

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Work is completed for now but there is still 80-100 loads of wood to be taken out of that area sometime in the future

polarischik

Reaction score
Anyone riding tomorrow? Looking for some partners. Still pretty new to riding.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So cold, trail is seriously whooped out.
Just sayin'

Reaction score
Sled season is officially here for the Fernie Snowmobile Association!

The groomer has been repaired and is out on the trails this morning. Our focus will be to get Morrissey to Wranglers groomed first, then through to the Rolling Hills cabin. Pending completion, we will then explore grooming up to the Notch . Please note that the new lower Morrissey parking lot is now open for large trucks and trailers and the upper parking lot will be for trucks with sled decks. Staff will be on hand at the main Y directing traffic with an additional staff member up trail collecting $25 day use fees from non-members. We ask all sledders to respect the staff on site and to obey the posted signage regarding use of the new staging area. We are working hard to improve the parking program this season and want to hear from you if there are any concerns or challenges. Please do not hesitate to contact us!

The road is plowed for logging activity from Coal Creek through to Corbin (Martin, Matheson, Leech etc) as well as from the Paige's draw corner, up to the Rolling Hills cabin turn off/across the front of the burn to the drill pad. It is illegal to snowmobile on a plowed road. Temporary closure in place on the Coal Creek Staging Area until approximately February as a result.

For current conditions, grooming, events, and official notices - we ask all members to refer to our website Fernie Snowmobile Association. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions at info@ferniesnowmobile.com and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

Thanks - Have fun out there!

Dec15Grooming.jpg

IMG_6874.jpg

Top Bottom