Fernie Winter 2016-2017

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Great news! With the recent winter storms that rocked Fernie over the weekend the FSA will be commencing grooming up Morrissey next week (weather dependant). As a result of the expected increase in congestion at the staging area, we have negotiated access from private land owners for an additional parking lot at the old Morrissey town site which can accommodate large trucks and trailers (see map). Please help us maintain this new working relationship with the private landowners by cleaning up all garbage and avoiding use of this area when muddy etc. Please note that the Coal Creek staging area extending through to the Corbin tin shack/yellow gates (Coal Creek Pass, Martin, Matheson, Morrissey Ridge, Leech Ridge areas) will remain temporarily closed due to logging activities until approximately February. 2017.

View attachment 200818

Next week Trevor with regards to the grooming. Don't know when the new parking lot will be ready as there wasn't a time line.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ripped down for the day with Shane, saw Doug on the highway headed in the wrong direction??

Still lots of stumps and rocks and **** out there so be careful, we saw a few mangled sleds and heard a fella killed his new 850 too :/

Nearly a foot on the hood of the truck when we got back down.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
....... saw Doug on the highway headed in the wrong direction??

Still lots of stumps and rocks and **** out there so be careful, we saw a few mangled sleds and heard a fella killed his new 850 too :/

Nearly a foot on the hood of the truck when we got back down.

Hahahaha.....................I wasn't anywhere yesterday but with kids/grandkids coming for Christmas, gramma has put her foot down and kept me too darn busy. No time for riding yet! A trip east today for presents and food stuffs and one more appointment before Christmas and then it will be game on.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
b2bef13b01ced4f2eb008fc23d65d423.jpg
7565307ed829762c88e4dc61dc3a0802.jpg
7dc3a75f6008bf596c1abaa19b23da67.jpg

It was meh! 30 inches of blower pow all day and sunshine all day!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha.....................I wasn't anywhere yesterday but with kids/grandkids coming for Christmas, gramma has put her foot down and kept me too darn busy. No time for riding yet! A trip east today for presents and food stuffs and one more appointment before Christmas and then it will be game on.

Omg Doug
how do you get so many miles and not out yet, lol

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm feel like we should pushed on a little further. We found deep snow but it didn't come without having to worry about stumps.

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I might be ready for a ride on sat to ferniesnow or anywhere around cranbrook, let me know. Thx

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Was going to head to golden for some easy riding on Sunday but not sure I can do that after seeing these pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm feel like we should pushed on a little further. We found deep snow but it didn't come without having to worry about stumps.

Do not got behind the new cabin in the burn area, it's a stump fest and looks awful. Everywhere else has been producing!

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not got behind the new cabin in the burn area, it's a stump fest and looks awful. Everywhere else has been producing!

Yes I would agree with this! We did not go there yesterday just knowing how much snow that area needs to get filled in. With 18 inches of snow in staging area and super cold temps I sure hope the club can get on the grooming to get a nice trail set up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup we avoided that area as we knew it'd be popular, but I don't think the spots we found were much better.

Still, it' looking be a good season!

Top Bottom