Fernie video

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The GoPro angle is great. Lots of untracked, eh!

I don't know about all the tree bashing..........................................gives the environmental movement a big stick to shove down our throats. No offence, just something to think about.

Last edited:

Flyer

Reaction score
Looks like a great time. I appreciate that it takes some effort to share the video.

i agree with ferniesnow. It could use some more editing. At 10 trees/minute in your video, the environmentalists will consider you a clear cut logger!

I can't deny that I've broke a few off myself, and bent a few over. I actually worry that I'm harming the sport when it happens accidentally. I also wonder how many are barely buried by the snow that get damaged without notice. We're often riding in areas that have potential for logging in future years, and I never want to affect someone's livelihood.

Flyer

Reaction score
Sorry bopper. I don't mean to make a personal attack, and I tried to backup ferniesnow's comments as gently as I could, even pointing out my own failings. I try to consider what the terrain will look like in the spring when the snow melts.

If if you saw the tracks on Boulder, and imagined that every snowmobile knocked over a half dozen trees every day, we'd have stay to the trail rules everywhere. There would be no powder riding.

Videos showing even a few trees being run over inadvertently could be very damaging to the sport.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not so worried about mowing the few tress over. I just don't know how your a arms survive! Either way awesome video. Made me laugh. Hitting up Corbin this WeekeND and can't wait!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a plantation, the forestry company is responsible until the trees reach a "free growing" state. So if anyone has a problem it should be them. I always hug at least one tree on a ride so it's OK.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not so worried about mowing the few tress over. I just don't know how your a arms survive! Either way awesome video. Made me laugh. Hitting up Corbin this WeekeND and can't wait!

Maybe the trees look bigger in the video. There was only one that would hurt an a arm unless you ride a polaris

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bopper you did awesome out there and I am proud to ride with you. Great day we all had

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those trees just spring back up anyways... Good vid. I betcha trees do more damage to sleds then sledders do to the trees....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those trees will live, wouldn't worry about it. Every ones a critic. haha

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It is interesting to see where the train of thought is. I have said it for years, "we are our own worst enemy."

A big closure in Vale due to non-compliance regarding caribou the first of the month. Revelstoke has issues with non-compliance for caribou and they fight continually to keep areas open. The tree huggers don't like motorized transportation in the back-country and we have to be good ambassadors if we want to retain riding areas. I mentioned to bopper that it is quite easy to go back and edit the tree bashing with a couple tenths of a second cut here and there.

I also mentioned that the video was good and peeps like to watch that kind of riding but we shouldn't be feeding the opposition. There is a new "pieces of convenience" that is being used against us; the white bark pine! It will be used in regen areas and presumably a mature tree will be worth $10,000 but if the tip gets broken off, it is worth nothing. They are already experiencing this in the Sea to Sky corridor.

WidSight loves to get its hands on footage like that and behind closed doors work against us. I just don't honk we need to give the movement any more material to throw back in our faces when they deal with government.

Carry on........

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Doug. Great vid. Loved it, but looks bad for the leaf lickers. Lets not give them any ammo. Keep those vids coming though!:cool::beer:

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is interesting to see where the train of thought is. I have said it for years, "we are our own worst enemy."

A big closure in Vale due to non-compliance regarding caribou the first of the month. Revelstoke has issues with non-compliance for caribou and they fight continually to keep areas open. The tree huggers don't like motorized transportation in the back-country and we have to be good ambassadors if we want to retain riding areas. I mentioned to bopper that it is quite easy to go back and edit the tree bashing with a couple tenths of a second cut here and there.

I also mentioned that the video was good and peeps like to watch that kind of riding but we shouldn't be feeding the opposition. There is a new "pieces of convenience" that is being used against us; the white bark pine! It will be used in regen areas and presumably a mature tree will be worth $10,000 but if the tip gets broken off, it is worth nothing. They are already experiencing this in the Sea to Sky corridor.

WidSight loves to get its hands on footage like that and behind closed doors work against us. I just don't honk we need to give the movement any more material to throw back in our faces when they deal with government.

Carry on........

Didnt I see you cutting tree down in video yesterday?? Not like i really care.... Just observation. I don't like trees. They kill my bumpers.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Didnt I see you cutting tree down in video yesterday?? Not like i really care.... Just observation. I don't like trees. They kill my bumpers.

Yes, you did. If it was any consolation they were both dead trees. But then again a miserable tree hugger rants and raves about the homes for the ants and beetles. I like trees but I don't like it when they move and I don't like it when I've got the video going and I can't miss them. I do edit my run over trees ever since I was taken to task a few years ago on the same topic.

Top Bottom