Fernie season 2020/2021

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a real good day today...not epic, as expected, but quite fun. Less snow where we went compared to the ski hill, so it was a little firm underneath...great traction under the pow but you had to be committed to the side-hills. Probably 25 Cm fresh in most of the zone we rode.

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I saw you at timmies loading up on food yesterday around noon. Your sleds on the back of your 1/2. Glad you guys had a good day

ttmach1

Reaction score
How is the lower 3km of trail holding up ?

Came back around 3 and it was rocks and dirt For ever !!

I was very surprised cause at 8 am it was “bad” but no way would I have thought it would be all gone 6 hours later

Good day up top , just need a helicopter to drop you off

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you talking coal creek?
Came back around 3 and it was rocks and dirt For ever !!

I was very surprised cause at 8 am it was “bad” but no way would I have thought it would be all gone 6 hours later

Good day up top , just need a helicopter to drop you off

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The berm needs to be taken down so guys (without trailers) can drive farther up. looks like high temps for the next few days too.
Yes Coal creek

Black gravel for couple kms Staging mostly Rock

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can we stage today at the hole in the rock for back way into Galloway..

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can we stage today at the hole in the rock for back way into Galloway..

Not sure what the conditions are like right now but it should be ok after the first little bit. The staging area is protected from the sun.

We drove past last week and there was still a bit of snow visible. We staged at Galloway Sand Creek and rode up the road to first peak. The first 3 km from where we parked was a combo of rock and snow...mainly rock. That section of the road faces south.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the conditions are like right now but it should be ok after the first little bit. The staging area is protected from the sun.

We drove past last week and there was still a bit of snow visible. We staged at Galloway Sand Creek and rode up the road to first peak. The first 3 km from where we parked was a combo of rock and snow...mainly rock. That section of the road faces south.

Sure is a quick way into there, lots of play areas along the way..

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a memory of mine came up on facebook. Last year I had the best day of my life on this day. We probed 300cms with 50 cms of untouched virgin white gold. This past monday we were in the same spot and probed 215 with 55cms of untouched virgin white gold. That alone tells me the snow pack is 2/3rds less than the same time last year. yesterday we went to our campsite at rock lake and saw that the lake is probably 6 feet lower than last year and the creek that feeds the lake is barely flowing. We better get some precip real soon.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes my 2 trips down there were disappointing compared to years past. First day was beautiful sunny but fought heating issues all day. Second day weather was in and out but 6 inches of fresh. We headed west after that and had way better rides.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great pics until I saw the Polaris with a bad leg..... Did you get the sled out?

Luckily it broke just after exiting all the technical terrain. McGivered it and it worked pretty good all the way back to the truck. Then we had to deal with one of the trucks that was leaking transmission fluid...I towed the truck where necessary for probably 20 or 30 Km...Gravity is your friend when your transmission doesn't work. Some folks were late for their Easter dinners...doh!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is not good. Not sure how you get that out? Repair on hill next day?

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tie wired the back part of the upper 'A' arm to it's mounting point, then we strapped the front of the arm to the bumper and the back of the arm to the running board...also strapped a small tree between the two ski loops. Luckily the tube that mounts at the back was split and we could tie wire it back on to its mount...the front of the 'A' arm broke at the weld...Titanium Alternative Impact after market 36" kit. The 'A' Arm had some impact damage close to the mounting point...not sure if it happened yesterday or a previous day.

Also a bent shock and Tie Rod.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tie wired the back part of the upper 'A' arm to it's mounting point, then we strapped the front of the arm to the bumper and the back of the arm to the running board...also strapped a small tree between the two ski loops. Luckily the tube that mounts at the back was split and we could tie wire it back on to its mount...the front of the 'A' arm broke at the weld...Titanium Alternative Impact after market 36" kit. The 'A' Arm had some impact damage close to the mounting point...not sure if it happened yesterday or a previous day.

Also a bent shock and Tie Rod.
Life is an adventure isn't it? Lol

Top Bottom