Fernie Newbs

ATC TOYS

Reaction score
Hi guys a buddy of mine who's never rode before and I are takin the families to Fernie for a NewYears ski trip and the dads want to take in some sledding. Never been before and was wondering where the best place to go for a day or two of riding? We are staying up at the hill so any suggestions/directions from the ski hill would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance....

14 summit 154
09 summit 154

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a blast at coal creek, found lots of snow when people said there was nothing too. I don't remember directions by street names or numbers, ferniesnow gave them to me when I went. PM teddybear26x if you want some really good muff pot meals while you ride too.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coal creek would be a great place to ride. Might be a bit busy but it's a big area. trail passes are reasonable too.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hi guys a buddy of mine who's never rode before and I are takin the families to Fernie for a NewYears ski trip and the dads want to take in some sledding. Never been before and was wondering where the best place to go for a day or two of riding? We are staying up at the hill so any suggestions/directions from the ski hill would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance....

14 summit 154
09 summit 154

When you come into town from the ski hill, turn right at the first set of lights. Cross the tracks and take the first right. Go down to the residential area and turn left. Follow the Coal Creek road until you get to the staging area. Unload your sleds and ride like hell all the way up to the cabin. Explore and enjoy.

PM your email and I will send you a map to show you where the staging area is.

ATC TOYS

Reaction score
How far from the staging area at Coal Creek to the cabin and are there some areas to play in along the way?

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7 miles to the new cabin. Generally there are a few play spots before the new cabin but snow level is down this year so I would go higher or farther. If you are not familiar with the area it is a little tougher to find good areas when the snow is low.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How far from the staging area at Coal Creek to the cabin and are there some areas to play in along the way?

Get yourself to the new cabin and explore around the area. Lots of tree riding and meadows. Some say it is tracked out but there is lots of untracked in the trees and creek drainages. Most people go for miles past the cabin but that is not necessary. I doo most of my riding within 5 minutes of the cabin. Enjoy.....:d

styylesnwife

Reaction score
Hello,
Planning a trip witb some newbies as well. Coal creek sound good. I realize avy gear is always recommended but not sure if can get for everone. Is it a must there? We want to be safe of course so if there is somewhere out there we could rent them and possibly a sled or to....any info would be appreciated. Please pm me. Thanks

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Guides Hut (250-423-3650) rents Avy gear, Bags, Probs, beacons, shovels... I think gear hub does as well. For rental sleds we deal with Ghost Rider Motor sports (250-423-9251).
Hope you have a great time.

Top Bottom