Fernie family ride saturday dec 29

hosmersled

Reaction score
The Fernie Snowmobile Assn will be holding a family ride to the new Rolling Hills cabin on Sat ,Dec 29th
All snowmobilers welcome ....come and see the new cabin
Bring your wives/girlfriends and kids....it is an easy groomed trail to the cabin

The cabin is 16 km up Coal Creek Road from the Rifle Range staging area just outside Fernie

You can also come in from Corbin by going to the Wranglers cabin and then riding back towards Fernie

There will be no charge for trail passes that day.

Please note Morrisey access is closed due to logging traffic

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any pics of the new cabin?

Theres a bunch in the Koot section. Ferniesnow did an incredible job hats off Doug you rock. Sold ur sled again to another buddy. He's Shankster on here and he tells me he loves it. How couldnt he wicked ride. He got it for 55 buddy needed cash fast that had to be the deal of the yr..

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Theres a bunch in the Koot section. Ferniesnow did an incredible job hats off Doug you rock. Sold ur sled again to another buddy. He's Shankster on here and he tells me he loves it. How couldnt he wicked ride. He got it for 55 buddy needed cash fast that had to be the deal of the yr..

I still owe you a shrimp dinner Jay! One of these days, eh!

hosmersled

Reaction score
Any pics of the new cabin?

Snow conditions were great....warmed up to -4....lot of families came out for the opening

Attachments

• DSCF0175.jpg
    DSCF0175.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 153

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still owe you a shrimp dinner Jay! One of these days, eh!

I am itchin for that ride Doug. Tryin to time it just right cause I know it will be incredible. Checked out the cabin yesterday morning you guys did an incredible job looks great. Smashed our way up to wranglers lit the fire then came back the trail a bit and dumped off east into the trees for the entire day. Lots of untracked had a blast playin with the snow ghosts all day. Couple spots back from the FSR on the east side of the trail.

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big thankss to Ferniesnow and all the folks that helped out with the new cabin its a sweet setup. To the Chef for providing great muff pot meal options. To all the folks that run the B&B's specially the S&R B&B beside the old nurse quareters great place to stay and the goldens are great to hang with. This place has always known how to accomidate snow lovers if you havn't been you should check it out. The Gear Hub, Ghost Riders and The welding shop thanks for keeping the tracks turning. To my local ride buds that have shown me how vast the area is and the terrain options available thanks a ton and can't wait for the next sessions. Cheers

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
According to the plates that were used (a very scientific method of counting BTW) about 125 people had a bite to eat. Many more came but didn't eat or ate their own food from Muff-Pots, Timmies, or their awesome kitchens at home.

A great day and please remember that the FSA does this every month for members and the public. If you wish to become a member, on-line at FERNIESNOWMOBILE.COM or BCSF | British Columbia Snowmobile Federation

hosmersled

Reaction score
GPS WAYPOINTS ARE 49.44804 LAT / -114.87910 LONG

It is just past the junction of the Coal Creek Trail and the Doug Dean trail thru the rolling hills if you are coming from Fernie.

If you come in from Wranglers /Corbin it is at the end of the groomed Doug Dean trail thru the rolling hills

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked like it was going to be a great day but got part way up the trail when Travelodge called and said they had double booked our room. By the time we went back, packed up and found another room it was too late in the day to go out again. My Son and I will try it next year..Thanks Travellodge

Top Bottom