Fernie conditions

teddybear26x

Reaction score
I know it can't be helped cause of the Snowcat been out of commission, but if you come to fernie to ride out of coal creek I hope you have a solid machine and your kidney belt tightened up. It's bad right from the staging area. The trail held up for a whole week real nice than we had that warmer weather and a little rain and now it's whoops all the way back.
just a FYI if you come down be prepared for a long commute.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's Hartley lake snow like? Trails in? Was thinking of heading back there tomorrow .....

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode coal creek Tuesday.... I won't be back till groomer fixed... Wow. Hard on the body. Ridiculous actually. Snow is like concrete. Rode lumberton wed and thurs. and trails are amazing. Best I've ever been on. Untouched pow all day both days. Wayyyyyy better than fernie right now. But don't go up road without radio. Logging big time!

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode coal creek Tuesday.... I won't be back till groomer fixed... Wow. Hard on the body. Ridiculous actually. Snow is like concrete. Rode lumberton wed and thurs. and trails are amazing. Best I've ever been on. Untouched pow all day both days. Wayyyyyy better than fernie right now. But don't go up road without radio. Logging big time!
Where abouts would I find lumberton.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

We have the parts in Canada and they should be in Fernie this evening. Now to get it put together.....

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya. Coal creek area is in bad shape 18 inch mogals.
Found some decent snow in some secluded area.
New cabin is very nice guys. Looks awesome. And good lights in the outhouse !!we split some wood
Wasn't to busy out there

Sent from my phone

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ya. Coal creek area is in bad shape 18 inch mogals.
Found some decent snow in some secluded area.
New cabin is very nice guys. Looks awesome. And good lights in the outhouse !!we split some wood
Wasn't to busy out there

Thanks for the accolades Mike.

We are thinking the SnowCat will be ready for a Monday night groom. Going to be an effort to get the trail in shape again; a couple back to back double grooms maybe.

We doo have everybody's hate of moguls entrenched in our minds :hmm:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just separates the boys from the men. The men know better and stay home because the trail is too rough while us boys keep finding all the untouched.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It just separates the boys from the men. The men know better and stay home because the trail is too rough while us boys keep finding all the untouched.

I would change that around a little bit. I does separate the men from the boys but the men slow down and enjoy the day out with the end result in mind (all the untouched). The boys, just whine because they don't have the T-shirt from the olden days of nothing but moguls 3' deep!

Kind of reminds me of the old bull and the young bull.....the young bull says to the old bull, "lets run down the hill and screw a few of those nice looking cows!" while the old bull says, "why not just walk down there nice and slow and screw them all!"

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0748.jpg IMG_0746.jpg Road there last tuesday and wednesday and seen the groomer all piled up in a creek was wondering what happened? snapped this photo on wednseday

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't recognize the SnowCat. It must belong to Curtis or the Corbin Country Club.

The FSA SnowCat is in a nice warm shop and has been for 2 weeks waiting for parts. With a little luck, it will be on the trail tonight!

Top Bottom