Fernie conditions

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thats what I hear. You have friends who keep me in the loop. Lol. I hope you have lots of footage?

Hahahaha……..I left the Contour on and have 50 minutes of solid riding but I don't think there will be much of that 50 minutes that would be video footage. We were on Brohm ridge on Wednesday and it looked like a groomer had gone over the whole thing. There was some fresh in the steep trees but it was way too steep for our talent.

Video is in the works…….

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Updates from this weekend? Thinking of heading south maybe next weekend, hows the snow level and any new stuff last week?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Updates from this weekend? Thinking of heading south maybe next weekend, hows the snow level and any new stuff last week?

I will call a spade a spade……the snow is rode out and well settled. There is some untracked in the trees if one knows where to go. Crusts, hoar, and facets have been forming.

It was this time last year (just as MMV started), that it warmed up and started to snow and we never looked back……….maybe another talking or dancing to the SnowGods is in order…….hahahahaha

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will call a spade a spade……the snow is rode out and well settled. There is some untracked in the trees if one knows where to go. Crusts, hoar, and facets have been forming.

It was this time last year (just as MMV started), that it warmed up and started to snow and we never looked back……….maybe another talking or dancing to the SnowGods is in order…….hahahahaha

Yeah don't do a half assed dance this time. Geash :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug. It's to get out there and bust a move
maker snow buddy, is it worth the drive from the fflatlands we were talking of coming up

giddyup

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode Saturday, and know the area well and yes we did find some fresh in the trees but one has to know where to go.. Would I drive 9 hours from sasky, likely not. Let it snow let it snow let it snow.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There has been no new snow. The snow that is there/here is hard and well packed. It has settled considerably. The trail to the Rolling Hills cabin is hard and fast though; baby butt smooth! The extra 7 km to the Wrangler's not in as good shape as the SnowCat was acting up again last night.

As sc800 says, let it snow, let it snow……….and any time soon will be just fine thank you!

turbofarmer

Reaction score
Just rode last 4 days in fernie. Snow getting quite firm. Found some fresh everyday. Snow much better down low in trees (below 6000').

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got a few inches with some wind, there might be some blown in areas. Forecast is calling for some more over the next couple of days, and we are still finding lots of good riding....

Last edited:

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Saturday and it was great, as well very few people in parking lot. Road fresh powder all day in the trees!

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks again ANDY, the snow was epic on sunday, deep, soft and no tracks, you could not have found a better spot to take us out only need a little more blue bird day
well worth the 9hr drive
thanks again to andy and Weirboondocking

Top Bottom