omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
304676_10151333750901847_369852271_n.jpg

Who said there wasn't any snow at Coal.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I luved living in fernie and felt at home there ...
but gnar called me ...
but now that I'm a sled neck my sled doesnt care if its pow or isothermal ...

she wants to run wild and lauch ch!t !!!

perhaps I shall return ...

got unfinished business ...

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was first time down to sled Fernie since I was a punter 7 years ago or so. Great grooming job, nice new cabin, and $10 dollar trail passes were great.
WAY better was the ton of untouched powder snow left around there, even though it hasn't really snowed since the holidays! Rode untouched hero snow in the trees all day.
Not a bad day trip from Calgary either. We'll be back soon!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The trail is baby-butt smooth for Tuesday. A little fresh on the Summit; more on the Coal side than the McEvoy side. In other words, the Rolling Hills' cabin has more fresh than the Wrangler's cabin.

bcm27

Reaction score
Me and a buddy are going to be riding from coal creek on saturday and was wondering if we could join up with a group or if anyone wants to join us as we don't know the area very well. Thanks!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a short video from Saturday on the pipeline. Snow was pretty good and tree magnets are in effect. The road from the staging area at the tin shack to the pipeline was pretty rough in spots. The pipeline was pretty smooth with fairly easy creek crossings. My crotch strap on the avy bag was loose enough to wrap around my handlebars. This is what I am blaming this incident on along with tree magnets.
Pipeline (Fernie) Tree Magnet - YouTube
Next time, we will drive the extra and stage in Fernie. We did find a lot of untracked snow along the pipeline, especially behind the little cabin.

Last edited:

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you see how that poor defenceless tree tried to jump out of your way?
i suppose I should have come to help but I think that was about the time I was exploring the bottom of my lungs!!
great day regardless.......

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. I had an avy bag crotch strap incident this weekend too. Was going downhill slowly, hit something and stopped dead. I went over the bars and my crotch strap looped around my bars. I ended up hanging upside down on my hood by my crotch strap. Wish I had my GoPro on (stupid broken Hero3).

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you see how that poor defenceless tree tried to jump out of your way?
i suppose I should have come to help but I think that was about the time I was exploring the bottom of my lungs!!
great day regardless.......
Trees are god's pylons set upon the earth just for snowmobilers ;)

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all. have to decide weather to go to fernie for the day tomorow or back to work. is there good snow up there or is it warm like it is down here. is it all hardpacked or is there some fresh?thanx in advance

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is still fresh tracks to be had, but the snow has set up and is starting to fell like it hasn't snowed in a month. I would say a bad day sledding is better then a good day at work.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time for doug to learn a new dance or perfect the one he is using, he better get his dancing boots on quick im there in a week to ride

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time for doug to learn a new dance or perfect the one he is using, he better get his dancing boots on quick im there in a week to ride

Doug has been MIA for 3 days now. Anybody know what happened to him?

Top Bottom