Fernie - Can you ride the Fish-Bowl?

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see on the Fernie map the area all around the ski hill is open March.15 every year. Does this mean you can ride up into the Fish-Bowl?
Has anyone been up there on a sled? If so how is the access trail and where do you stage?

Thanks

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
probobly find access off the island lake road but i wouldnt recomend going in there as the ski hill still kinda does look after that area. it wouldnt even be that good for sledding in there anyway. there are alot of nicer areas around fernie with easy access.

bcskier

Reaction score
Also Fish bowl is huge avalanche terrain with a huge head wall at the bottom you'd have to climb. Below the head wall it is always littered with huge avi debris.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
a buddy and me triggered a huge slide in one of the chutes almost in direct center of that headwall about 10 years ago. pretty intense. sweet area for quick backcountry almost lift accesible terain though.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you actually ride anywhere mexico...you have been asking these same questions for years..questions about corbin, fernie,castle,and everyone replies...do you find these places on google earth? Buddy is right..even if you did ride the ski hill it is a spot that is dangerous. There is 100's of miles of country and other places to stage around there. You have asked before many times...

Top Bottom