Fernie atlas or cataract???

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. A few of us are heading out for a ride on friday and would like a little input on where to go. We were out at the Notch about 2 weeks ago and the snow was ok but heard there was more snow off to the north. By the looks of the sat images on the weather network it does look like further north has been getting more snow. Is it worth going out to Atlas or the Cataract creek area, never ridden either of these spots and would like to see some new turf. Thanks.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. A few of us are heading out for a ride on friday and would like a little input on where to go. We were out at the Notch about 2 weeks ago and the snow was ok but heard there was more snow off to the north. By the looks of the sat images on the weather network it does look like further north has been getting more snow. Is it worth going out to Atlas or the Cataract creek area, never ridden either of these spots and would like to see some new turf. Thanks.

we were in atlas last weekend and the snow was good we found a spot north of the shelter that i want to get back to this weekend
it was snowing when we left as well
talking to verlee at inn on the border last night they have had about 6 inches of new this week
if ya want to tag along with us on sat we are planning on being at atlas sat morning

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the invite. We were looking at riding on Friday, first to the fresh and all that;). I know the snow back in the Notch is good but makes for a long trip if just riding for the one day. We always ride Fernie, Castle and Carbondale and figured it would be good to change things up. Do you ever ride Cataract? Thanks again.:beer:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the invite. We were looking at riding on Friday, first to the fresh and all that;). I know the snow back in the Notch is good but makes for a long trip if just riding for the one day. We always ride Fernie, Castle and Carbondale and figured it would be good to change things up. Do you ever ride Cataract? Thanks again.:beer:

yes ive ridden cataract its good too but same as always ya just got to explore to find all the places of good powder
it has a good trail system out there and the trails are well marked here is the link to conditons ... you can find a map of the area as well

Acm7

Reaction score
Cataract was pretty good mid week. I'm looking for a ride friday. If you guys don't mind me taggin along. post a time to meet and i'll be there.

Top Bottom