Feb 15, 2016 - Alberta Beach Family Day Rally

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Monday, Feb 15
Cost is $10.00 per hand ($15 non-members) or 3 hands for $20.00 ($30 non-members)

Explore the ATV trails in Alberta Beach area! Open to all ATV riders who enjoy the adventure of a poker rally.

Spend the day conquering the elements on your machine. At each of the five (5) checkpoints, you will receive a playing card to build towards your poker hand. At checkpoint # 3, you will have the opportunity to warm up, enjoy a hot dog and hot chocolate, while enjoying the camaraderie with fellow riders.
Remember to respect the environment and the private land-owners. 2WD machines are discouraged without studded tires or chains

Remember to respect the environment and the private land-owners. 2WD machines are discouraged without studded tires or chains.

Note for all riders who participate you must meet the following REQUIREMENTS:

• Insurance
  • Registration
  • License
  • Helmet
  • Clothing for the elements.
The ride will only be cancelled if the temperature drops to -20 Celsius.
Memberships for the Lac Ste. Anne ATV Club are $30 per person, or $40 per family. These memberships allow us to maintain the insurance to host events as well as the maintenance and development of future trails. Join a club that is moving forward by enjoying SAFE, FUN and FRIENDLY OHV riding!.

More information:: Family Day ATV Poker Rally
SnoMo Days Info: http://www.snomodays.com/

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had to come look for this post. We are planning to come with a group again. Going to run it for the first time with the sxs. AND tires will be studded too. Should be fun.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Minimum prizes will be $800, $400, and $200 for first, second and third.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day for the ATV rally!!! Please don't listen to any of the rumors that it might be cancelled. The club's trail boss has assured us that the rally is in no danger of being cancelled.

See you there!!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me is double riding allowed if so is there age limit
There are no laws in Alberta stating otherwise. Just be aware some hills may be icy so you may want you passenger to walk down.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are no laws in Alberta stating otherwise. Just be aware some hills may be icy so you may want you passenger to walk down.

That's quite true. The new county bylaws state that you can only carry as many passengers as the vehicle is designed to carry, so that means no doubling up unless you have a 2 up machine. However, I guess that more than 25% of the riders at the rally double up and the law enforcement didn't say a word about it to anyone last year. I'd say just make sure you have insurance, registration, and helmets and you'll be just fine. ...and no age restriction.

The police always have a strong presence at this rally and there's been years where they've checked every single rider for insurance and registration. Other than that, I've only ever heard of them giving out tickets to those who are riding on Main Street.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume if the fishing and everything else is still happening the ice in the lake and is still pretty thick? Are we running in the sturgeon again? I should have a good group coming Monday.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume if the fishing and everything else is still happening the ice in the lake and is still pretty thick? Are we running in the sturgeon again? I should have a good group coming Monday.

I haven't heard anything differently.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rally was pretty good for the amount of machines that ran the course. Many #'s, Romeo and myself were pretty much the last ones to arrive back at the hall. They didn't have an official count on the number of machines but estimated b/w 450 and 475 units. Last I heard 4 kings was the top hand with three other 4 of a kind hands coming in for second and third. Heard something or other about complaints of the hills in hells half acres being icy but we didn't find it that bad at all. Heck I think we only had to help Romeo up a few hills

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tire studs. We watched people struggle getting up the hills while we just walked up. If you ride in winter spend the $100. Well worth it.
studded tire.jpg

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have put about 250kms on them so far. Haven't lost any. Any of the icy hills today I could stop and take off as well as crawl up easily. I will pull them out when spring hits and reinstall next winter. I actually have more in my tires then the pic. That is someone else's tire. Same studs and and tire though.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard it was a bit of a gong show out there. Sounds like they could have used a whole bunch more volunteers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

It was a bit tough with that many bikes AND being short on volunteers. We had well over 500 waivers signed and sold 1045 hands. I left before the results were in, but I'll try to post up the winning hands and the payouts later today.

There are always a couple of hills that are problematic. Usually, it's 2wd quads that hold everyone up there. This year, I suspect that it was just the sheer volume of machines. We had talked about posting people at each hill to help keep the hills clear, but we didn't even have enough people to properly man the checkpoints.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]1[SUP]st[/SUP] place winner was Derrell Boucher $1100.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[SUP]nd[/SUP] place winner was Barry Reichenbaugh $ 700.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3[SUP]rd[/SUP] place winner was Gerry Zillman $ 445.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And our Door prize winner was Robin Lucroix (Helmet/goggles that we had on display donated by Recreational Power Sports)[/FONT]

Cameo

Reaction score
First and foremost, it was a great time! Thanks for a fun day.
We were in a group of 4 riders. I ran a 2wd old machine, with sheet metal screws and only had trouble on one hill due to ruts, and dragging the sprocket guard. But I wasn't holding anyone up. The RC's were the bottleneck.
3/4 check point was a big delay, but it was sunny, so who cares.
Had a blast, looking forward to the next one!

Top Bottom