Farmer talk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even with the Steinert chip those Ivco’s need a little help. They derate the bottom 5 gears to 80%. We typically run in gear 6 or 7 so when we shift down one really isn’t putting more power to the ground. The dealer used to be able to tune this out, but not anymore. The only alternative is the scraper option at new, which is a big ticket item.

I called about that this morning.. only cutbacks on hp are on pto use.. never had it derate that I can tell.. I ussally just run cruse control and it finds the gear 8th or 9th

More info here

https://www.caseih.com/northamerica/en-us/innovations/efficient-power/nebraska-test-results

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be no preburning going on till this bloody hurricane dies out

Had a feild that blew some sifting, roller fines it up on the turns a little much.. crazy winds today.. weather stn shows over 50km/hr winds.. dried the ground out bad

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah uou open up the ground seeding then it dries up with wind like that. Pain in azz filling drill in that wind to. Good day to park it and catch up on other stuff.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True.. with lentils one positive is you don't have to load muany times if any three out day, with lighter seeding rate, and low pho's numbers

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had exact same thing last year.. I always thought it was all blow dirt.. but excavator cleaned big groups and had to hand pick piles over the 1/2 mile.. had to be 40loads of rocks.. after excavation was done.. still a touchy subject with fam.. but nice to have cleaned up..
Nothing better than picking rocks twice. Thanks Grandpa lol.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol back then Grampa with his huge 60 hp tractor took a week to cultivate a half. Imagine if you could bring some of those old fellers back and give them a ride in the mobile offices that you have now. AND ask them to take their muddy shoes off after they sit down in the spare seat. priceless

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol back then Grampa with his huge 60 hp tractor took a week to cultivate a half. Imagine if you could bring some of those old fellers back and give them a ride in the mobile offices that you have now. AND ask them to take their muddy shoes off after they sit down in the spare seat. priceless
Yep the bankers seat they call them. In all reality these ole guys were the bankers that got the young guys going on their careers in the industry.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep the bankers seat they call them. In all reality these ole guys were the bankers that got the young guys going on their careers in the industry.
Well that's a debbie downer. Never called them the bankers seat, but now I am rethinking the 350 bucks I spent to add one to the ol 9380. Lmao

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's a debbie downer. Never called them the bankers seat, but now I am rethinking the 350 bucks I spent to add one to the ol 9380. Lmao

I had a 9380.. loved the 855 Cummins, great motor on fuel.. 600ac a tank I remember seeding.. pump turned up and pull like nothing else back then

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't believe how these quad can't pull **** if ground surface is wet.. like lower areas are slus that just dries out.. sit there and spin and cart tires dry.. always can lift up and get out.. but my last tractor on triples. Would eat this thing in those type of conditions.. on dry dirt the quads stand out thou..

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 9380.. loved the 855 Cummins, great motor on fuel.. 600ac a tank I remember seeding.. pump turned up and pull like nothing else back then
Of all the tractors this one is hard to get rid of. This got a bigger radiator after bigger injectors and turning the pump up. Does sip fuel 80% of the time.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh not used to hearing that they sit and spin on the lower areas.

Been staying out of the quad game and staying with triples and large mainframes weighted to the nuts for now. Pretty sure I need to get a detachable gooseneck when a quad shows up. Way too much roading on pavement.

Top Bottom