Farmer talk

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question. What doo they spray on the field peas right now?

I like to eat them when they're small but want to make sure its safe to doo so. Thanks for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably a fungicide right now if its this late. Not sure how safe it is to eat them right after an application.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably a fungicide right now if its this late. Not sure how safe it is to eat them right after an application.

I think I'll wait til after the rain later this week... I usually fill my ball cap full and chow down! Yum

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think I'll wait til after the rain later this week... I usually fill my ball cap full and chow down! Yum

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a question.......

Today I seen a combine driving down the road, with his factory front header attached. He was also pulling a larger header behind.

Why wouldn't he leave the factory one at home, and just pull the larger one to where it was needed?

xmsummit154

Reaction score
The large one is called a straight cut header it can cut the crop and pick it up all in one. The factory one is called a pickup header It needs to be swathed by a swather and you use this one to pick up the swaths. All of farmers still swath canola and some other crops. We just use a straight cut header on all of our crops. Saves owning a swather and a pickup header. If it won't ripen on its own we desicate or spray it dead and then straight cut it .

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That macklin storm cut a nasty path down towards rosetown lots of crops to nw got it hard. Between plenty ,Ruthilda there were lots that looked like you used a lawn mower and bagged the clippings
We had some hail but maybe only 25% damage

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Missed us thank god. 40 minutes north of us is gone. Looks like it was just combined.

Snopro may have been hit by it.
No hail at home here this year so far....but no rain either. Just 4 miles north they have had hail and a twister they now say.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big wheel by plenty lost 10,000 acres to the hail storm

Sure has been some wicked storms that have covered a lot of ground wiping out huge acres.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have about 9 hours combining done so far. Yellow peas on dry land are running 65bu/acre (67lbs/bu) with 28% hail damage. Moisture was low 11.5% to 12.5% and didn't desiccate. Barley swaths are definitely getting rained on... oh well it's going for feed.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have about 9 hours combining done so far. Yellow peas on dry land are running 65bu/acre (67lbs/bu) with 28% hail damage. Moisture was low 11.5% to 12.5% and didn't desiccate. Barley swaths are definitely getting rained on... oh well it's going for feed.
Thats pretty darn good Johnny. Yellow peas are running 30-38 here depending on rainfall. Lots of crops working on 3 inches of rain this year since April 1st.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised. I think they will be our best crop this year. It's weird how the rainfall can be so different even 5 miles away. Canola will be interesting with all that heat and no moisture during flower. These little rains and high humidity is getting annoying, I just wanna get it done! You able to combine today ken?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised. I think they will be our best crop this year. It's weird how the rainfall can be so different even 5 miles away. Canola will be interesting with all that heat and no moisture during flower. These little rains and high humidity is getting annoying, I just wanna get it done! You able to combine today ken?
We arent going yet but it has been wet here this morning. Probably get started on wheat sometime in the next week hopefully but looks rainy most of the week here in the forecast.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hopefully going to get the rotor back in the old massey tomorrow and then start on green peas. Me and my dad have spent almost 3 weeks trying to get the combine fixed after the rough harvest it had last year

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is wet... over 40mm in the last couple days. Forecast says another 15-20mm. Barley swaths will be gross. If this keeps up even standing crop is gonna take a **** kicking.

Top Bottom