Farmer talk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
little bit of frost damage on the wheat and barley. lots of trash in the fields, where we disked the pivot tracks there is no damage whatsoever. the black soil must have been a lot warmer.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what is the thought process when people buy land at ridiculous prices? How do people pencil it out with todays grain prices and high input costs? Are people paying cash money thats sitting in there bank account or using other land to cost average the purchase. 50 bushel wheat at $7 doesn't pay for $2000-$3000/ acre land down here anyway. Any personal experiences to share guys?

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be a law....a maximum of 1 colony per county.......pretty soon, all good land will br hutterite land

At least you just Hutterites we have them and then there is One Earth Farms up here jacking land rent up to $100 per acre.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

theseeker

Reaction score
Our area is surrounded by the Dutch and they are driving the price of land through the roof we're looking at over 300k plus a quarter which doesn't sound like alot for some of you but remember we're in the middle of nowhere and the land is t spectacular. They seem to be fighting amongst each other each one trying to out do the other even rent is already surpassed 100 an acre I'll be damned if I ever pay that it just doesn't pencil out.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Four years ago $50 per acre was the highest here that I know of.

We still have alot around here at that but a couple guys who are greedy for land are escalating everything to get what they want. There is alot of testosterone in farming these days. Guys get competitive in the coffee shop and don't use there head. It affects everyone in the community with there stupidity.

HID power

Reaction score
Four years ago $50 per acre was the highest here that I know of.

No, Gerald Woych....was paying 75 rent for a fewyears already in some areas around there......now one earth is continuing the stupidity

Top Bottom