Farmer talk

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its getting to be a long harvest season. We dont drink during planting and harvest. Every morning i reach into the freezer to grab the icey for my cooler and right next to it lays my whiskey. Its starting to look lonely :(

Sent while not working too hard

It can't be that bad, buddy. Harvest started August 10th, and we just finished on Saturday.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you got someone looking over your shoulder at 1 in the morning one shot isn't gonna hurt you before bed. Lol.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its getting to be a long harvest season. We dont drink during planting and harvest. Every morning i reach into the freezer to grab the icey for my cooler and right next to it lays my whiskey. Its starting to look lonely :(

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, thats were wedrink the most.... stupid hrs needs a drink at night and mybe a few beer durring the day with a occasional case in the combine...lol

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, thats were wedrink the most.... stupid hrs needs a drink at night and mybe a few beer durring the day with a occasional case in the combine...lol

:nono: be smart, we dont need another farmer to become a statistic.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not being a ass, but you need AA.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only 90 acres left and it had to rain! Was looking at the steamer real hard this morning thinking that it was going to get a work-out, my equipment has never been this dam dirty!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol aa for putting in 20 plus hrs a day in 40 degree days and cant have a dam beer.... you gotta be joking... never heard of that before... all semis have a refresment cooler in trucks with a full cooler at the bins... and no ones died before... and they will be there next year as well

on average we go threw about 10-30 pacs of beer over harvest and a case of vodka and wiskey... if we had to just drink water my help would be gone

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol aa for putting in 20 plus hrs a day in 40 degree days and cant have a dam beer.... you gotta be joking... never heard of that before... all semis have a refresment cooler in trucks with a full cooler at the bins... and no ones died before... and they will be there next year as well

on average we go threw about 10-30 pacs of beer over harvest and a case of vodka and wiskey... if we had to just drink water my help would be gone

Maybe you need different help. But, I can tell that you're one of those people that don't give a front door about safety, or advice from others.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you need different help. But, I can tell that you're one of those people that don't give a front door about safety, or advice from others.

10-4 on that.......pry another one them guys running around town blowing his ass out when he should be home tending his fields. We all know a handful of these guys and he is just another one of them.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It is rather interesting reading the last few posts. The big mines won't tolerate operator's with alcohol/drugs in there systems. If they have an accident, it is piss and blow! I would like to see random testing all the time. It just makes sense.

Oil companies, loggers, etc., and anyone operating heavy equipment have to be sharp.

Our SnowCat operators have to have zero tolerance for booze and drugs on the job. There is a valid reason for that; can you just imagine running over someone coming around a corner at Mac-10.

Fredw, I have to totally disagree with you on this one!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys gotta remember fredw is the best snowmobiler and also the best farmer. He seeds for 60 hours straight all while getting absolutely shitfaced on the tractor. Grows 100bu/acre canola on dry land. His big bore XP beat a HELICOPTER TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats nuts!

I am no farmer i just work for one around harvest and the odd time here and there but when a farmer pays an employee arnt they allowed to write off a certian % of the wage as a farm expence?

every penny a farm pays out can be classed as an expense same as any business.

Top Bottom