Farmer talk

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ours where lower than usually. Boss said it was that 1 week we got pounded with 30+ weather in july.....Ran with 40-50

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just combined the first of my canola on Friday 25bu/ac. The landlord made more than I did. Well not quite but not much income off that field.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think our canola was yeilding around 45-50
barley was around 60-70
wheat im not to sure .... we had a few varieties that were giving us different results i wana say 40 ish....

We lucked out got all the canola off before the winds came up and had over half of everything done by then......

All and all a pretty good year no major failures or breaks

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you come full time you will get salary.

Not to be nosey or anything but what do you guys have to pay for good seasonal help?

Sent while not working too hard

It's mostly just my dad, the hired hand, and me. The hired hand and I were on salary, but the accountant told us to go to hourly wage.
Seasonal work is $18.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's mostly just my dad, the hired hand, and me. The hired hand and I were on salary, but the accountant told us to go to hourly wage.
Seasonal work is $18.

Yeah, im on wage now but grandpa wants me on salary. No way am i switching. Ill keep track of hours myself. Salary is just for the niggers and slaves

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you go about telling a young guy (20 years old) that really wants to help out on the farm and drive truck and has a CDL that he sucks at driving truck? This is even after 2 days of us trying to teach him

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you go about telling a young guy (20 years old) that really wants to help out on the farm and drive truck and has a CDL that he sucks at driving truck? This is even after 2 days of us trying to teach him

There's really no easy way. Just get him to keep practicing. I feel like I have to learn all over when switching between one trailer, and two.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Piss on the combine operator, im taking a nap. He will bitch and piss and moan but he will get over it. If he doesnt atleast ill have enough rest to put up with him :)

Top Bottom