Farmer talk

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Lentils left the yard after fourth year in bin waiting for decent prices to come back.. prices dropped as far as 13c and most time under 20c.. sold north of thirty this last month

Fwed is da Wentil king!!!! It’s hard hanging on to any product that long. Good patience!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20-45brant auger is like a truckers cardio workout.. and there always ton heavy at scale

Last trucker said he stops before he gets to the yard to have a pee, no time to do it while loading..

With cams and remotes, hopper bins.. life had came a long ways from wooden bins, rods, small augers, bin sweeps, grain dust ingesting, and a ton of shoveling and hard work..

Loading 45 tons-trucks under ten mins

https://youtu.be/2nXJxvYjIwM

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lentils left the yard after fourth year in bin waiting for decent prices to come back.. prices dropped as far as 13c and most time under 20c.. sold north of thirty this last month

How come you had kept some when they were up to .50 cents 4 yrs ago lol.
sold last half of production last week (all but security blanket for planting next yr) Hanging on till now paid off. There might even be a little leftover after bills are paid to look at upgrade to piece of iron

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sitting on the couch watching them load this morning..

Yes in 16 I had sold half the crop, yeild was very very good, and prices strong.. was worried about tax and held off some, price dropped over night and till last month it finnaly came back.. this is 33 fob, and also sign up 30 fob for new crop..

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes sure is nice to see something where it should be price wise so we can keep pace.
.34 here
.30 new crop is pretty attractive to lock a few bu in.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A
70b6106b7edcea9777a6dc13ec6a4fde.jpg

Another one full, time for a quick coffee refill..lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those truckers love that kinda loading. Downtime is not money time. Load and get back on the road

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol do you have to open the lid to keep bin from caving in on itself?
You know I have been farming now for over 45 yrs. That is now the second time I have heard that in the last 2 days. Just hauled the last of my wheat and trucker showed early and started loading himself out of a hopper bin. He told me he opened the lid because of this concern. I had never heard that before.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I would think that if the welder got too good of a seal on it and your taken it out at a high rate somethings gotta give ha ha

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have vents in that line of bins at top.. other side I try in open lids some to prevent caving in

Neighbor pulled grain out of a sealed fert Merdian bin and caved bin in half way down , said it rumbled bin over auger noise .. but pushed out when they filled it at harvest

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be jealous.....don't be jealous. Lol

I'm glad you guys are getting some good times.

But dang filling a caved in silo. They got bigger balls than me. I will attest to the fact that it doesn't take much vacuum to cave in a tank. And the fact the driver was worried enough to bother cracking it..... that's a solid dude right there.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as they arent clock watching in my yard I'm happy. I always hear about this terminal or that terminal when we are loading. Lol. Truckers are experts on how to load trucks, run terminals, where weigh scales should or shouldn't be put among other things lol.

Top Bottom