Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Johnny H I remember you saying you subscribe to some weather service from somewhere across the pond that is supposed to be super accurate compared to our local services? What is that service saying about our southern Alberta fall and if this weather is gonna bugger off for awhile?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets talk weather. So I've had some time on my hands the last 3 weeks and took it upon myself to email a couple local TV weather personalities. My question was simple. Do you see any weather models for this fall where we will see a change from rainy, snowy, cold weather to more milder and drier conditions like a Indian summer would bring? All of them get back to me within an hour and give me the 5 day extended forecast and that's it then wish me luck with my harvest? I guess they don't know I can get that on TV 8-9 times in the morning, twice at lunch and twice at supper? Nobody wants to stick their neck out I guess?

Well, the rabbits are still black and brown...not white.....that is a good sign.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets talk weather. So I've had some time on my hands the last 3 weeks and took it upon myself to email a couple local TV weather personalities. My question was simple. Do you see any weather models for this fall where we will see a change from rainy, snowy, cold weather to more milder and drier conditions like a Indian summer would bring? All of them get back to me within an hour and give me the 5 day extended forecast and that's it then wish me luck with my harvest? I guess they don't know I can get that on TV 8-9 times in the morning, twice at lunch and twice at supper? Nobody wants to stick their neck out I guess?
I subscribe to Drew Learner.
He is pretty good.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken, they have been so out of whack in forecasting here its not funny. I keep joking that in my next life I am coming back as a meteorologist as I can be wrong 75% of the time and still have a job.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I figured he must have some warm air where he lives to get it to 16.5. We hit 18 last week and wheat was testing 27 I was told.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i subscribe to Drew Learner also. He is forecasting at least 10 days to two weeks more of this cold northerly flow before we get a return to more seasonal temps!
But He even admits that the last couple years have been a real crap shoot when it comes to forecasting the weather!
looks like we might see a bit of sun in this country today, we are on Barley in the 18's and are bagging for now until we can get it dried! There are a lot of very stressed friends and neighbours around, people need to support each other and have faith! Things will get better!

Top Bottom