Farmer talk

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a 110 bales off the farm last year. Only 70 this year. Hopefully the boys can get on the fields here shortly. The economy benefits around here when the farmer is in a good mood.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a 110 bales off the farm last year. Only 70 this year. Hopefully the boys can get on the fields here shortly. The economy benefits around here when the farmer is in a good mood.
Might be lots of wheat to bale yet.

Lots of feed wheat if anything.
Some relief for the cattle folks.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been down for 9 days.
Rain/snow everyday.

Nothing good in the 14 day forcast.
I would be in the cat bird seat if I had my 5 days back that I lost before I even got a head of wheat on my header. Deere tech forgot to tighten bolts on a paddle on my feed accelerator from last falls Greenlight service. Went through the combine doing over $10,000 in damage. FML.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be in the cat bird seat if I had my 5 days back that I lost before I even got a head of wheat on my header. Deere tech forgot to tighten bolts on a paddle on my feed accelerator from last falls Greenlight service. Went through the combine doing over $10,000 in damage. FML.
Brutal especially when every minute of combining counts this year.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 6 hours invested in unplugging mine. Apparently going till the engine stalls is not ideal. 12.5% done here. I have had lots of time to calculate.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ken you should be getting a replacement machine in that scenario. Gonna be small windows to finish from this point on I think.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 6 hours invested in unplugging mine. Apparently going till the engine stalls is not ideal. 12.5% done here. I have had lots of time to calculate.

I plugged our Deere pretty good with green canola stems right before this wet pattern started. Took 10 hours. The canola was piled up on the last concave on the right side. Used a Milwaukee cordless sawzall with a 10" pruning blade to cut the canola that was pinched between the rotor element and the concave. Packed in there like concrete.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken you should be getting a replacement machine in that scenario. Gonna be small windows to finish from this point on I think.
Yeah no offer made on their part. Didn't think at the time when it was hot and dry this would end up being an issue. But looky now. Isn't that the way it always goes?

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have only combined 200 acres so far and it wasnt even dry at the time. Havnt moved since sept 5th have had rain almost daily since then. Some boy got over 24000 left on the ground in our area but most have 6000+ plus left

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have only combined 200 acres so far and it wasnt even dry at the time. Havnt moved since sept 5th have had rain almost daily since then. Some boy got over 24000 left on the ground in our area but most have 6000+ plus left
Wow. Hope the weather straightens up for you guys up there.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now that sucks!!!! Too bad you cant send them a bill for lost productivity!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stealership is coming out tomorrow to remove parts so we can free the wad from the beast. Quite the deal.

Snow is now in the forecast for here. cant get a break

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be coming down to that Dennis. Maybe their new S 780 demo for 3 or 4 days would be nice to?
Neighbor in law just bought a new sprayer and Agriterra has it right in the contract if they can't fix it in 48 hrs then a loaner is in the yard untill they get his going and he catches up.

Top Bottom