Farmer and his horse

knizer8hun

Reaction score
as one of many sledders trying to get up to Blue Lake on the 28th. I just wanted to send a special shout out to Captain Road Blocker and the RCMP who let this cowboy block the road with his horses and a trailer.
Only 10 trucks made it up to ride before he blocked the road in an effort to make some sort of statement.
There had to have been more than 80 rigs have to turn back thanks to this guy and his protest against sledders unloading along the road infront of the houses.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea he is a door KNOB, just like a guy around my place fencing of the road allowance. goes around comes around:nono:

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
Blue Lake is still open for excellent riding.

Be prepared tho for a short delay while you drive up to the end of the road,unload at the staging area, then park your rig along the road and walk back to your sleds. No riding on the road.
Club has radio men at each end of the road during the busy Chistmas season allowing for organized travel to and fro.
Works great.

beatty

Reaction score
You can thank the idoit with the 4place that backed into his yard and unloaded and then drove there sleds around his barn, after the trail pass collecter has told them not to turn around in driveways. everything had been going fine this year intell now, but the above statement is correct you now have to unload at the mouth of the tail up top, park your trucks down the road and walk up. due to the excess sleds for the last week and the day the farmer blocked the road also cause many issues for parking at owlshead and quest, for the most part common sense is just needed to make do and most did very well, but the cops are now monitoring all 3 hills and if you get caught on the road their threating everyone with a $750 dollar fine.

But i did ride blue lake saturday and maybe one trailer had to walk to his truck most people were using the coral the best possible.

and those having to unload and turn around please remember the turn around at the top is a turn around for those with the big trailers and not parking.

Cheers boys snows wicked!:beer:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many $750 tickets were written vs how many guys got caught stealing sleds in the wee hours? Surely there is more important crime fighting that needs to be taken care of besides patrolling 3 staging areas?
After reading some comments in the cabin sign in book left by the locals for us a-hole Albertans several years ago, I haven't been back anyway. Enjoy your traffic jam.

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
After reading some comments in the cabin sign in book left by the locals for us a-hole Albertans several years ago, I haven't been back anyway. Enjoy your traffic jam.

Every town has its idiots.
Rest assured these idiots are not speaking for the whole town.
Best come back DRD.

MR4WD

Reaction score
You can thank the idoit with the 4place that backed into his yard and unloaded and then drove there sleds around his barn, after the trail pass collecter has told them not to turn around in driveways. everything had been going fine this year intell now, but the above statement is correct you now have to unload at the mouth of the tail up top, park your trucks down the road and walk up. due to the excess sleds for the last week and the day the farmer blocked the road also cause many issues for parking at owlshead and quest, for the most part common sense is just needed to make do and most did very well, but the cops are now monitoring all 3 hills and if you get caught on the road their threating everyone with a $750 dollar fine.

But i did ride blue lake saturday and maybe one trailer had to walk to his truck most people were using the coral the best possible.

and those having to unload and turn around please remember the turn around at the top is a turn around for those with the big trailers and not parking.

Any more info on this? Pictures, types of sleds, names, where they were from etc?

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about, the info on the NEW parking lot that's supposed to be built on the other side of the creek from Yard creek side????

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about, the info on the NEW parking lot that's supposed to be built on the other side of the creek from Yard creek side????

We have spent the last 2 christmas Holidays at Sicamous
Fantastic Riding - Great Snow
BUT
Sicamous needs to enlage all 3 parking lots- What a F.U.

Blue Lake - Monday December 27
Ticket taker said there he quit counting sleds at 130 and there were a lot more than 130 sleds now ahead of us. We parked are 4 place on the road next to the complaining farmer as did everyone else as the parking line up went back to almost the Highway.
Incredable just no where to park - Enlarge the parking lots for more than 30 units...

Blue Lake - Tuesday December 28
Only a couple of trucks got past the farmer before he blocked the road with haybails and tied 2 horse on the road to the hay bails - BS...
That is a county road - who the hell is this farmer to blocade a county road
Over 100 trucks were turned back to go to other places...
We went back to Owls Head - What a F. UP
Owls head parking lot can handle maybe 30 units - when we got there they were alrady parking on the side of the road and the ticket taker was at the end of the road. We drove up to the ticket taker at the parking lot and he said the parking lot was full but drive through and park back on the road. So we drove through the parking lot back on to the street as 15 units pulled head long at us. The ticket taker is still standing at the parking lot and the whole street is GRID LOCKED -- parking lot is full of units turning around and the street is full of parked units with over 2 blocks of traffic headed at us.

We suggested that the ticket taker get his ass down 2 blocks and stop traffic until he can clear a path/street for all the units to get away form the parking lot onto the streets to park

This took us 45 minutes just to park the truck and trailer and some were over an hour to get out of that GRID LOCK and park their units -- Thats BS...

and they still charged you $20.00 PER SLED for ungroomed trails
Thats would be close to 175 Sleds at $20.00/Sled or $3,500.00 for one day

I was told the parking line was over 8 blocks long on the side streets back towards the waters edge. All because a horse was having a baby - The horse looked like old nags and were not any race horses

Owls Head Wednesday December 29, 2010
Went earlier than Tuesday to avoid yesterdays BS, and guess what we met as we were going up the trail -- The Groom was grooming down the trail at 9:30am --- the trail was as bad behind the groomer as it was in front of the groomer.... The trail was distryed by the first 10 sleds... Someone needs to read the Groomer Manual - that is the ultimate/worst trail NO-NO ever...... not to mention the $250.00 in fuel that went up into the sky for nothing.

SUGGESTION:
1 - The City of Sicamous buy the open field next to Owls Head and make a real parking lot that can hold more than 30 units.. BS

2 - Grooming - We met the groomer which was coming down the trail on Wednesday December 29 as we were going up the trail at 9:00am. The trail was as bad behind the groomer as it was before we met the groomer....

STOP and think what a waist of time energy and fuel that was to groom a trail as sleds are going up it... and here why:
a) First you must lower your drag cutters to the bottom of the washboard to cut out all traces of the washboard and groom up and back down
b) Skimming the tops off the bumps and panning them into the bottom of the bump does not get rid of the washboard at all - the fill in is very easily flipped out by a few sleds and you are back to washboards
c) Maybe the most important issue is a trail will take up to 12 hours to cool and freeze, which sets the base for 200 to 300 sleds before it turns to washboards - By mixing the snow through the drag it heats up and is packed down by the 3000 lb drag making a nice solid trail surface. If sleds are driven over the trail before it freezes you crush the trail bed and turn it to power which rapidly is blowen out all over the trail. Now the whole trail bed is distroyed and is left to freeze over that night in a distroyed condition which now becomes the new trail bed.
Please refer to the trail groomers bible for more info at
http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/snow/GroomerGuidecomplete.pdf

Raising the Trail Pass Price by 33% to $20.00/sled and then not suppling any parking and ineffective/poor timeing of grooming (Rough Trail) just made many sledder P.O.

We have enough problems with Landowners, Tree Huggers, Governments, Environmentalists and other BS, with out fighting amoungst other sledders.

We are all volunteers in this business and for clubs to survive we need to think very smart, utilize our Revenue, volunteers and time as efficently as possible

Last edited:

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Were you actually there that day????
We were and what a GONG SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

The real story that the BSing farmer told us as we parked on the road beside his farm is the noise will kill the horse that is giving birth to a colt at any time. The F.ing noise will kill the horse I asked as 3 of his horses were standing at the fence looking at us 30' away while we unloaded. Some days noise is what you get when you buy property next to a Snowmobile Trail. But that does not give him the right to Barricade a county road with a tractor and hay bails and tie to horses to the hay bails. Try parking your sled across a road in protest and see how long you are there before your ass is thrown in jail... BS farmer...

And riding there sled around the barn - BULL SH_T the property is fenced to the edge of the barn there is no way you can ride a sled around the barn.. BS..

Have they ever managed parking trucks and trailers before - HOLLYSH_T!!!!!

With over 130 Sleds/units already up the trail and parked facing the hoighway there was no place to drive up the trail to turn around and park facing back to the Highway. The ticket taker is standing beside the angry farmers yard taking trail passes instead of back by the highway which gave trucks a chance to turn around park facing the highway. The road was again GRID LOCKED you could not proceed any further up the road from the ticket taker as there was no place you could not turn around.

Yes people did back into driveways to turn around at the ticket taker because you could not go forward and could not back up as there were 20 units lined up behind you trying to find parking and get a trail pass.

Why the hell was the ticket taker not back by the highway controlling the massive traffic jamb

Last edited:

beatty

Reaction score
I was their right tell the 3rd rode everyday, i ride there almost everysecond weekend, and maybe hear say goes around im going with the most recent info i have at the time i will be riding with the club president on my next trip so i can get you the best info i can, as for all everyone has to remember its one week a year and family day longweekend sicamous sees such a big volume of sledders and everyone just has to make do with the situation. this is not the first timer bruce and the club have had issues with the farmers, and for the most part they have been alright to deal with the club just asks for everyone not to turn around in the driveways because the home owners complain it ices up their driveways etc. its not hard to go up and turn around, i know the collectors should try and monitor how many trucks have gone up and came back down but its not always the easiest thing to do with such large volumes. I sold my 4 place and switched to a deck just for that reason alone.
but hey in the end you did make it up the hill and you were able to enjoy some of the best terrian bc has to offer.
and as for the parking situation i know the club has been trying to work on it but dealing with the government isnt always the easiest thing, not like you can just go up and start chopping trees down and clearing a lot.
ch!t they just saved most of quest after two years of the government wanting to shut it down for caribou

But when im in town next i will pass your points of advise on to the club and hopefully its something they can take a look at in the near future.

For now everyone just Stay on top the snow, and Enjoy the best sport out there by far, i know i will

Cheers

Top Bottom