family Pets

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
I think koda & buddy are strarting to get along just fine.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 139

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not a pet but would be nice to have around for a few days.:) Came across this today

Attachments

• 100_2521.jpg
    100_2521.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 131

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
my kids, black one is Wreck, he's a Sheppard/Rotti cross (shottie), and the pretty one is sadie, a Sheppard/Collie....pains in my ass but i couldnt live with out em

second pic is wreck getting his cat....he's got a bit of an aggressive streak

third is her being camera shy.....we have yet you get 1 pic of her looking at a camera

Attachments

• IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 138
M

motorsportaddiction

just sneeking post in after plio before sldgy gets a chance to

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This my little bundle of joy !! When she is not destroying anything. She is a Yellow Lab that my wife and I are fostering to become a service dog.

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 128

Buddman27

Reaction score
Here are a couple pics of the troop around here.
Big brindle guy is Morley (Old English Mastiff) about 9 yrs old (rescue) and Bailey (australian Sheppard Colllie X) almost 15 (also a rescue). The fawn Mastiff (Oscar) was my bestest buddy in the world but he passed some number of years ago. The large breeds are for me.. very good with the kids. There is a cat somewhere in my house that is hard to photograph. Orange Tabby named Charlie who is also a rescue. My daughter would love to have a lizard or snake but my mother in law is deathly afraid. Hmmmm sounds like a plan!!!

Attachments

• Blast from the past 001.jpg
    Blast from the past 001.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 128
  • Blast from the past 010.jpg
    Blast from the past 010.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Carters 1st bday 074.jpg
    Carters 1st bday 074.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 135
  • may_205.jpg
    may_205.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 273

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's are newest two boy's.4 & 8 month old giant alaskan malamutes.

Karbon 4mth
Seven 8mth

Attachments

• IMG_6485.jpg
    IMG_6485.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_6482.jpg
    IMG_6482.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 130

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's our guys...

Kacey-chow/retriever cross and Jackson-beagle/hound cross
Jackson will sit forever on the steps like that.
P5180200.jpg

Kacey was a rescue. Got him at around 18mos and he's 11 now. We had a custom glass bead made for his collar. 'KC' with paw prints.
'Handsome'...that's my nickname for him.
IMG_0263.jpg

The SPCA tried to discourage us from taking him -he was poorly trained, wouldn't walk on leash, chased cows...on and on. We 'had a feeling' as soon as we saw him, so we persisted and took him for a walk with our other dog who has since passed. We knew immediately he was for us! We couldn't have asked for a better dog and he couldn't ask for a better home! It's been a perfect match and we have had none of the issues they warned about. It just takes the right people with the right pets.
toy garage 013.jpg

Basket full o' Beagle...this was my small dog's bed when we had her, but Jackson has taken a liking to it-but he really doesn't fit. We got him as a puppy, and because of his previous owner, I feel we were rescuing him ahead of time! He has a big personality with an even bigger bark-takes a bit to get used to the hound dog howl I tell ya.
toy garage 008.jpg

I may look half asleep, but you just try to take my duck...I dare ya!
Big lake, quartz, some silent 017.jpg

dirtygirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.safetybuilders.com
Wow! everyone has such beautiful animals! They all look like they have such great personalities! I love animals!:p

Here's my Royal Pair! Everyone says they are the most spoiled pets they've ever seen.:eek: Scooter is the tabby (male) and Mystery is the B&W (female).
We've had Scooter for 5 years, since he was a kitten and Mystery came to us this past Christmas Day (-40 c). We found her digging in our garbage and half starved. We brought her in and tried for 3 weeks to find the owners but no chip and no tattoo or collar. We took her to the vet and she had an inter uterine infection and needed emergency surgery. Poor thing might not have made it if we hadn't found her when we did.:eek:

Now she's everyone's baby Scooter protect's her with his life. They are so cute together!:)

Anyway that's my pet story!

Attachments

• april may 2009 472.jpg
    april may 2009 472.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 136

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's are newest two boy's.4 & 8 month old giant alaskan malamutes.

Karbon 4mth
Seven 8mth

Carbon, I assume these are the family members you picked up in Hay River. My two boys came out of Hay River as well. Husky/Wolf cross from a lady by the name of Linda. Any connection by chance?

Love Hay River. Would live there if I could convince my wife.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's our guys...

Kacey-chow/retriever cross and Jackson-beagle/hound cross
Jackson will sit forever on the steps like that.
View attachment 25691

Kacey was a rescue. Got him at around 18mos and he's 11 now. We had a custom glass bead made for his collar. 'KC' with paw prints.
'Handsome'...that's my nickname for him.
View attachment 25690

The SPCA tried to discourage us from taking him -he was poorly trained, wouldn't walk on leash, chased cows...on and on. We 'had a feeling' as soon as we saw him, so we persisted and took him for a walk with our other dog who has since passed. We knew immediately he was for us! We couldn't have asked for a better dog and he couldn't ask for a better home! It's been a perfect match and we have had none of the issues they warned about. It just takes the right people with the right pets.
View attachment 25686

Basket full o' Beagle...this was my small dog's bed when we had her, but Jackson has taken a liking to it-but he really doesn't fit. We got him as a puppy, and because of his previous owner, I feel we were rescuing him ahead of time! He has a big personality with an even bigger bark-takes a bit to get used to the hound dog howl I tell ya.
View attachment 25687

I may look half asleep, but you just try to take my duck...I dare ya!
View attachment 25689

No such thing as bad dogs....only bad/impatient/misunderstanding owners. Glad to hear it worked out so well for you.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon, I assume these are the family members you picked up in Hay River. My two boys came out of Hay River as well. Husky/Wolf cross from a lady by the name of Linda. Any connection by chance?

Love Hay River. Would live there if I could convince my wife.

If A guy could find work I go for a while too.loved the lake living idea.the boys came from
TOWBAR-Kennels.RUTH LAFFERTY.she has some amazing blood lines.three of by best have come out of there.dogs sure have it up there.she still has some lookers left and is coming down to oilstick on the 18th!!

:d:d:beer:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I had malamutes in the past and was interested in the giants as well and had phoned Towbar a few years ago, at that time I was quoted $800.00 for one dog. I said to rich for me. But one day when the time is right I still want one.

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have many pets but these ones were my favorites. They are not your typical pets. I no longer have them (long story, but involves settling my dad's estate). Anyways, I miss them and enjoyed some great times travelling with them to different show and sales. Best times were taking them down to the denver stock show (which by the way, I hauled them myself and it only took 25 hours of straight driving). So here they are::d

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Anyone with Cats and/or dogs will appreciate this one:

How to Give a Cat A Pill:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1. Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth.

Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa.

Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws
tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth
with right forefinger.

Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call
spouse from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear
paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly
with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down
ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note
to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines
and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible
from below armpit.

Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow
down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take
taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from
carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door onto neck, to leave head showing.

Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot.

Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw tee shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Call fire department to retrieve the darn cat from across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie the little **stard's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy-duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill
into mouth followed by large piece of filet steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for RSPCA to collect mutant cat from he** and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

How To Give A Dog A Pill

1. Wrap it in bacon.

2. Toss it in the air.

:d :d :d

Last edited:
Top Bottom