Factory released 2 Stroke turbo’s

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m just wondering what people are thinking in regards to two stroke factory turbo sleds. I think they’re coming soon and I think they’ll be awesome I’m not talking about 300 hp turbo sled I’m talking about 200 hp pump gas factory turbo sleds just curious what people’s thoughts are?

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a nice dream!! I don't think they'd be 200hp, more like 180hp at elevation, and everywhere else.

I’m just wondering what people are thinking in regards to two stroke factory turbo sleds. I think they’re coming soon and I think they’ll be awesome I’m not talking about 300 hp turbo sled I’m talking about 200 hp pump gas factory turbo sleds just curious what people’s thoughts are?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have high hopes, but I'm not sure it will happen. It has to pass emissions testing, and noise testing which as proved by the ski-doo 850 isn't easy anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised to see two-strokes dropped entirely sometime soon to be replaced with 4-strokes, but that will be decided by the EPA as to when they want to drop the emissions hammer down on that one.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may not be far of but they will probable offer it like Yamaha did aftermarket for 1500 more

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do I put my money down.

I have always said I don't want much more power, I just want to keep it at elevation.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy who knows a guy who heard from another guy that next year it will happen... lol.

Like skegpro mentions, don’t need a lot, just need to keep it.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Arctic Cat is the obvious manufacturers to do this. They have a new 800 so they aren’t going to want to throw that away to develop an 850 to compete with the others, Textron seems to be willing to fund out of the box solutions IE Alpha that give them a differentiation. If they could do a low boost, pump gas turbo that gave 180 HP and kept it no matter the elevation they would probably pull a lot of other brands riders over.

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Arctic Cat is the obvious manufacturers to do this. They have a new 800 so they aren’t going to want to throw that away to develop an 850 to compete with the others, Textron seems to be willing to fund out of the box solutions IE Alpha that give them a differentiation. If they could do a low boost, pump gas turbo that gave 180 HP and kept it no matter the elevation they would probably pull a lot of other brands riders over.

Yep can totally see Cat being first with this. Didn't Textron send out a survey last year with something about a two stroke turbo to gauge interest?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see where your heads at here. Not sure if cat is the company to do it though. The r&d side of it is also a big deal. Dave and rob are running superchargers on everything they own including there wives mixers. Haven’t heard much in the way of what the falling out was with turcotte but I know that guy logged big miles every year. There’s always two sides to a story. Saying that, I would agree, it would be on a 800.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no belts will be blown with an extra 30hp

That would be the difference maker for me though. Its not that I want 200hp but if I could maintain 160hp between 4000-7000 feet then that would be a win. Being able to make up for that 25-30hp loss at riding elevations would be huge.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Awe man I have some good ideas to contribute to a 2stroke turbo factory. Nothing would keep up, even winders, and it would be on 2-3lbs of boost. Reliable. Nothing ground breaking, just some stuff that's available everyday off the shelf. It would work best on Cat. Think outside the box. It's easily possible.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While I don’t know if I’ve really needed that extra 40hp having it if you did would be cool.

Why not a crank driven supercharger though like the one they make for the phazer 4 stroke? Would save some weight that way. Obviously wouldn’t make as much power but it’s easy boost.

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I think it’ll happen sooner than later, if you look at the 850 skidoo engine it looks like it was built for a Turbo. As far as the emissions I know they can get around that. four stroke dirtbike‘s were a big thing and now the two strokes are coming back that was an EPA thing also. If you throw enough money at it there’s always ways around things.

Top Bottom