Factory 2 stroke turbo vs stock what would u buy?

extrmsled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i fully expect doo to come out with a aero charger system soon but if your $ 22,000 w/no coverage
where does a guy draw the line.but i guess if there are guys willing to pay that then they will probably
build one

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Here's my thought. I just want the power lost at altitude back. So a summit t3 174 with 170 actual HP at 8000ft would be badass. And would it really harm the reliability being that it's not pushing much more hp than at sealevel? Say 4psi pump gas I'm down

I agree.

Sent from my Phone while sitting on the side of the road.....maybe.

(SK)AndyM

Reaction score
Kevin Costner could endorse it...
If you build it, they will come

I'd prob buy into it lol

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was I the only guy who got the survey from Polaris asking about turbo and big bore options? They even threw prices around to gauge interest. I was directed here:

PLDP Performance Accessories

Very interesting, I thought someone else would have posted info on this??

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking Doo will still be offering the 4year warranty on a factory turbo sled

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i fully expect doo to come out with a aero charger system soon but if your $ 22,000 w/no coverage
where does a guy draw the line.but i guess if there are guys willing to pay that then they will probably
build one

Look at the new turbo maverick ? Pushing close to $30000.00 in canada for a loaded up one.
6 months warranty and peeps are lining up for them.
It's getting crazy but just a small down payment and of you go?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you will ever see a factory turbo 2-smoke....they will never make emissions standards for noise or pollution....I could see BRP putting a turbo on the 900 ACE though

go green

Reaction score
The two stroke lends its self to be a poor candidate to be a factory turbo production sled . The other side of the coin is the aftermarket upgrade market , which has filled a itch for the power hungry sled heads with a crude injector driver enrichment . The reality is that for a manufacturer to set into production a turbocharged machine with the "currant "engine platform is not economical. The best option would be a newly designed four stroke program in which covers a line of machines that span from watercraft to off road ATV"s. A factory designed turbo four stroke would and will out perform ,out last any two stroke period .The crankshaft and main bearing design is a insurmountable deficit that hinders the durability of the two stroke and the factory rides the durability line very well . There are answers to make the e-tec the best turbo charger two stroke ever but the aftermarket is still not doing it correctly .

Last edited:

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at the new turbo maverick ? Pushing close to $30000.00 in canada for a loaded up one.
6 months warranty and peeps are lining up for them.
It's getting crazy but just a small down payment and of you go?

Was just looking at the can am website overnight and the mav x ds starts at 21999. Didn't "build" it to see the fully optioned price but I doubt it's 7-8000 extra. I was surprised to see how low the pricing is on them.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say no to factory boost. In my opinion its going to have to be so safe that it is going to suck. What I would rather see them do is allow you to buy a "race sled". So basically a stripped down sled with minimal or no warranty. So if the first thing you are going to do is screw your warranty up there is no sense in paying for it. Plus you wouldnt be paying for all of the parts you are going to ditch anyways. Another thing.....would they still be subject to the same emissions requirements if they sold them that way?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe we will be seeing a factory 2 stroke with warrenty as a sno check option within the next few years it's just the way things are going.

will we see big hp? NO
how much hp? 170-180 (this is at any altitude)

the manufactures won't throw a big HP turbo on it will be a small guy to keep the current hp numbers the same weather your in the parking lot or pulling a chute that's the huge benifit.

One cant forget about hp loss with altitude if your sled is rated for 160 hp you would be lucky to be around 120hp by the time your 7000 feet. 170 hp sled at the top would be crazy fun it's and extra 50hp compared to what your used to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom