F350 theft deterrent

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So if I decide to go the Ford route (it is a tough decision for an ol' GMC guy) and buy an F350 what would be the added cost to keep the thieves away?

What is a reasonable remedy (other than buying a GMC of course) to make sure the truck is in the parking lot in the morning?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think the FORD emblem would be all the theft deterrent a guy would need:confused:

Kinda like the time we had to ditch my trailer, with my buddies Dragon on it, in the bush.

I said "watch we'll come back, the trailer will be gone and the sled will still be sitting there on the ground" lol

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goes to show you not even the thieves want to drive a chev!!
But seriously, I went with the factory ford anti theft with my superduty, had it installed by the dealer. That way it's covered by the bumper to bumper warranty and they have to work on your truck regardless of the system. Often dealers won't look at your truck with an aftermarket system because of often poor quality installs and the associated problems they bring. They make you disable or remove it if they feel it might be the cause of the service required.
I know that there are better aftermarket systems out there, some that just replace relays under the hood that are usually trouble free. The professional thieves usually get your wheels regardless of your countermeasures. Often vehicles are in C cans and on ships or parted out before you know they're gone.
IMO it's the joyriders and opportunists that you have to guard against. I use a truck club on the steering wheel as well as the alarm and immobilizer. You just have to make your truck the hardest one to steal that the thief can see. Hopefully they move on to easier prey.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Goes to show you not even the thieves want to drive a chev!!
But seriously, I went with the factory ford anti theft with my superduty, had it installed by the dealer. That way it's covered by the bumper to bumper warranty and they have to work on your truck regardless of the system. Often dealers won't look at your truck with an aftermarket system because of often poor quality installs and the associated problems they bring. They make you disable or remove it if they feel it might be the cause of the service required.
I know that there are better aftermarket systems out there, some that just replace relays under the hood that are usually trouble free. The professional thieves usually get your wheels regardless of your countermeasures. Often vehicles are in C cans and on ships or parted out before you know they're gone.
IMO it's the joyriders and opportunists that you have to guard against. I use a truck club on the steering wheel as well as the alarm and immobilizer. You just have to make your truck the hardest one to steal that the thief can see. Hopefully they move on to easier prey.

Is that what Ford calls the passive anti-theft system?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Ford was stolen about 4 yrs ago, but I got it back.
Again...... I guess no one wants to steal a Chev, because with the keys in it over night. Mine never has been stolen.......

I bought "The Club" and now always use it. The steering wheel is quicker to cut through, but most dumbasses are just looking for a ride home. Without calling a cab, or their mom.
It's kind of like me..... I have been doing new/used/commercial construction for 31 yrs, if I want in. I will get in, and without a key. Same as truck thieves, if they want your ride. They will take it, no matter what you doo to prevent it.
All you can do, is your due diligence and hope that it never happens.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out "jimmi jammers" google and it explains the whole problem why Fords get stolen. The theft deterrent plates work. Plain and simple I don't take my eyes off mine. I have mine pretty gussied up and at times have thought what did I do this for? Ugly does not get stolen....unless it is getting chopped or shipped.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Fords are harder to steal than the mid 2000 models Doug. Like someone said, just make it harder to steal than the guy beside you.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
[h=3]Top 10 targets[/h]Vehicle Claims*

Ford F-250 crew 4WD…7.0
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 crew… 6.7
Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 …6.1
GMC Sierra 1500 crew …6.0
Ford F-350 crew 4WD …5.6
Cadillac Escalade 4WD …5.5
Chevrolet Suburban 1500 …5.4
GMC Sierra 1500 extended cab …4.7
GMC Yukon …4.5
Chevrolet Tahoe …4.4
* Per 1,000 insured vehicles annually

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
top 10 targets

vehicle claims*

ford f-250 crew 4wd…7.0
chevrolet silverado 1500 crew… 6.7
chevrolet avalanche 1500 …6.1
gmc sierra 1500 crew …6.0
ford f-350 crew 4wd …5.6
cadillac escalade 4wd …5.5
chevrolet suburban 1500 …5.4
gmc sierra 1500 extended cab …4.7
gmc yukon …4.5
chevrolet tahoe …4.4
* per 1,000 insured vehicles annually
good info, 8or :)

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top 10 targets

Vehicle Claims*

Ford F-250 crew 4WD…7.0
Ford F-350 crew 4WD …5.6
GMC Yukon …4.5
Chevrolet Tahoe …4.4

Must be high demand for parts from these vehicles:rollinglaugh:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What year ford or chevy you lookin' at doug?

Yes, as snopro says, "brand new". With what GM has done with the changing of the body styles this year and their release dates of the HD's, I have been in sort of a quandary.

I am looking for a 1 ton with an 8' box/frame for a new flat deck and those babies are hard to find whether GM, Ford, or Dodge. I also want some amenities (leather, etc.). Western Canada hasn't many!

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top 10 targets

Vehicle Claims*

Ford F-250 crew 4WD…7.0
Ford F-350 crew 4WD …5.6
GMC Yukon …4.5
Chevrolet Tahoe …4.4
Lmao Not even thieves want Dodge's anymore.j/k

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, as snopro says, "brand new". With what GM has done with the changing of the body styles this year and their release dates of the HD's, I have been in sort of a quandary.

I am looking for a 1 ton with an 8' box/frame for a new flat deck and those babies are hard to find whether GM, Ford, or Dodge. I also want some amenities (leather, etc.). Western Canada hasn't many!

Try Smyl in Whitecourt. They normally have a fair stock of long box crew cabs at a competitive price. They are popular in the oil patch out here.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Watching Global news this morning the 250 and 350 are still the most popular ones stolen. One every day in Edmonton. More so in the out laying area. Cop says they're the next best thing to having a personal tank ... LOL :) One company has had 6 disappear allready.

Top Bottom