F350 6.4L Fuel Conditioner

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 with 80,000K. Bad mileage. Recently I was told to run fuel conditioner when I fuel up due to the fact that the low sulpher fuel has less lubrication. It was suggested that I use the conditioner only from Ford. Not crazy about that.. Any suggestions what kind of conditioner is working good?? :beer::cool:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 with 80,000K. Bad mileage. Recently I was told to run fuel conditioner when I fuel up due to the fact that the low sulpher fuel has less lubrication. It was suggested that I use the conditioner only from Ford. Not crazy about that.. Any suggestions what kind of conditioner is working good?? :beer::cool:
I use 2 strke motor oil in my 05 cummins about a third of a litre per tank. then once in a while switch up with Howe's fuel conditioner. Both available at CO-OP

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Myself, and a greater majority of my friends, with diesels. All run "Meaner Cleaner". It's a product from Finning. It is pricey, but it will make a noticeable difference. Buy a Case a dump a full bottle in for the frist time, after that all you'll need is a mouthful per tank. Hope this helps:d

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shrek 1, about 13 MPG after the Mods. Old School here..If I calculate right, works out to about 21.6 Ltrs/100KM. I don't go by the computer for Ltrs/100K. I manually calculate when I fuel up. Ltrs used by KM traveled. Sucks I Know!!! How about you truck??

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ford stuff is called stanadyne it works ok but is pricy,
i only run conditioner when it is very cold -30 or colder the stuff i run is called diesel kleen it works good and they also have a summer formula thats a injector cleaner and a cetane boost,
when its realy cold i was averaging 15mpg hand calculated but i run mostly highway back and forth to ft mack every week.
worst tank this winter was 250kms but i let the truck idle for at least 24hrs on that tank.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When i was running my diesel I would go to NADP in North Edmonton and stock up conditioner and injector cleaner, just talk to the boy's there. The price is right and they give you the straight goods.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use 2 strke motor oil in my 05 cummins about a third of a litre per tank. then once in a while switch up with Howe's fuel conditioner. Both available at CO-OP

Ditto on the Howes Diesel treat. Was having trouble with injection pumps on some of my Diesel gensets when I was using kleenflow fuel conditioner. Swithced to Howes Diesel treat and have not had an issue since. As far as fuel mileage in my 6.4l was 12-13 stock put bullydog in and its about 16-17 Same now as my old 6.0l was stock. I dont think the conditioner helps mileage though. I run Howes all year in my gensets and truck now just for some lubrication.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 mpg with 2 on deck and 2 on trailer , 11-12mpg with just 2 on deck , 13ish empty , over 130kph can get 15mpg but hard on tickets , once I gear down hoping to get 15mpg at 110kph

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i usually run lukas a couple hundred mils on a fill, lubes upper cylinders and pumps, have not noticed any improvement at all but its fairly new yet. 08 dirtymax

.08rider

Reaction score
the ford stuff is called stanadyne it works ok but is pricy,
i only run conditioner when it is very cold -30 or colder the stuff i run is called diesel kleen it works good and they also have a summer formula thats a injector cleaner and a cetane boost,
when its realy cold i was averaging 15mpg hand calculated but i run mostly highway back and forth to ft mack every week.
worst tank this winter was 250kms but i let the truck idle for at least 24hrs on that tank.

I buy the stanadyne in the 5 gallon pail, I run it in my forklifts at work. The techs at Cervus contractors recomend it for all their equipmet. In fact JLG is requiring a proof of purchase for engine warranty I was told. I run it in my truck as well, it is supposed to have a performance additive in it (I believe it is Cetane boost as well). Stanadyne builds most of the pumps out there, they should know how to keep them in good working order. Buy it for $350.00 a pail, use half a liter per tidy tank in the summer and a full liter in the winter, Tank is 450 liters. My first forklift has 4000 hours on it now and no motor trouble at all.

.08rider

Reaction score
10 mpg with 2 on deck and 2 on trailer , 11-12mpg with just 2 on deck , 13ish empty , over 130kph can get 15mpg but hard on tickets , once I gear down hoping to get 15mpg at 110kph

what are you gearing down too Shrek? What size of rubber are you running? Have you done any performance upgrades, I talked to CraiG AT nadp and he said to do a DPF/CAT delete and some have double their milage. Also said not to use the SCT or the Spartan, they have been blowing up the 6.4

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did DPF delete @ nadp in dec. and actually mileage seems a bit worse. Will wait for it to warm up and see if any diff. feels like a bit more power. also added cold air intake all for about 2g's. not a happy camper.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use the Amsoil conditioner in our 07 Dodge....Old school remedies of years gone by.....we mixed all kinds of different oils with diesel fuel for extra lubrication.....but all the new diesels the tolerances in the fuel pumps, injection pumps and injector nozzels have changed and are way to fine to allow that ....It's also why you can't convert the new diesels to run on vegtable oil....they reccomend using a 5 year or older cummins works the best...

Go green they said....My kids thought we should run our 07 1 ton dually on vegtable oil and did some research...the web sites that are selling or instructing how to are mostly running 10 to 15 year old volkswagon diesels....

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are you gearing down too Shrek? What size of rubber are you running? Have you done any performance upgrades, I talked to CraiG AT nadp and he said to do a DPF/CAT delete and some have double their milage. Also said not to use the SCT or the Spartan, they have been blowing up the 6.4

got 38" , so probably go to 4:11 maybe 4:30 , going to leave stock for now , going to get ford to remap for me , maybe will help , 6.7 should be out early 2010 so see what its like and go from there

Top Bottom