F350 6.4 blown rads

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hay guys how many of you have blown rads in the new 6.4. i have been loosing coolant for a while. it let go last thursday 1 day before the trip to McBride. owell got lots of coolant!
after blowing the rad i have went through 20L in the last 2000km. with the pressure cap loose it looses alot less.

I have heard of some guys going through 2-3 rads, does any one know if ford had a new rad yet or am i going to have the same problem again

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya but i don't think they will replace them unless they blow a guy i know that has a f-350 that he uses for hot shots blew 3 rads in under 60k

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it leaking from the side of the rad it started about a month ago but it finally let go last week. it let go at around 35000km at this pace i'll have 4-5 rads before i get rid of it at 150k,

and on another note who has had the new flash put in there 6.4's its supose to take away the turbo lag but im a little worried about them finding my chip, the truck has been back to stock since the 2nd and has over 4000km on it since but i like waranty.

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
ya it leaking from the side of the rad it started about a month ago but it finally let go last week. it let go at around 35000km at this pace i'll have 4-5 rads before i get rid of it at 150k,

and on another note who has had the new flash put in there 6.4's its supose to take away the turbo lag but im a little worried about them finding my chip, the truck has been back to stock since the 2nd and has over 4000km on it since but i like waranty.

they have flashed mine when they replaced the rad. i run an evolution programmer, and i needed updates from edge before it would work again, but im up and running now:d

what all have u done to yours?

I have airtake, exhuast and programmer.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they have flashed mine when they replaced the rad. i run an evolution programmer, and i needed updates from edge before it would work again, but im up and running now:d

what all have u done to yours?

I have airtake, exhuast and programmer.

What intake are you running? I removed my AFE account of the check engine light coming on but just had the reflash done and was thinking of trying it again.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced at 40,000 kms; I'm at 76,000 now. I just had a recall done that they installed a "T" in the coolant system, or something like that; as well as the reflash.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you guys like the new flash? did it change the fuel mialage of the truck at all? And is it realy that much better off the line with the instant boost?

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ow ya I wasn't going to let that stop me, I just got 4 jugs of coolant and a 5 gallon jug of H2O and every time I stopped I just topped it back up. With the pressure cap loose it dosent lose much. I think in the whole trip I only went through 10L of 50/50 I have the truck in ft mac now. I can't not drive it gota get to work but its goin in on tueseday to get everything fixed.

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
How do you guys like the new flash? did it change the fuel mialage of the truck at all? And is it realy that much better off the line with the instant boost?

didnt notice that much of a diff, as i was in stock mode for about 2 weeks waiting for my upgrade from edge. did notice that on odometer it now tells when motor goes into regn

Top Bottom