F 350 Leaf Spring Upgrade?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2009 F 350. Think the rear leafs have done their time and looking to upgrade. I have seen some people use 2011 take offs due to fewer leafs and better ride and I know places like like Standen's can build me new ones. Looking for thoughts and experiences.

Thanks

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done add a leafs, air bags, and supersprings on different trucks. For your 2009 it has only 2 or 3? leafs and brutal axle wrap correct? You will probably notice it with a clunk in the driveline shifting from forward to reverse etc. Super springs and and remove your overloads would be my choice for sure. Self contained and easily installed and do not affect unloaded ride quality.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done add a leafs, air bags, and supersprings on different trucks. For your 2009 it has only 2 or 3? leafs and brutal axle wrap correct? You will probably notice it with a clunk in the driveline shifting from forward to reverse etc. Super springs and and remove your overloads would be my choice for sure. Self contained and easily installed and do not affect unloaded ride quality.

Spring pack is 4 + 1 (5 leafs) think they call it and as well the overload. Previous owner really looked after the truck, but I think he loaded a lot of heavy timer building a cabin, and now with my years of towing I think the leafs are tired.

Buddy runs Supersprings on his GMC. Any particular reason to remove the overload on the Ford?

Not sure about axle wrap but the truck does have a little chatter on acceleration. My thought is the carrier bearing needs to be shimmed a little.

Last edited:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spring pack is 4 + 1 (5 leafs) think they call it and as well the overload. Previous owner really looked after the truck, but I think he loaded a lot of heavy timer building a cabin, and now with my years of towing I think the leafs are tired.

Buddy runs Supersprings on his GMC. Any particular reason to remove the overload on the Ford?

Not sure about axle wrap but the truck does have a little chatter on acceleration. My thought is the carrier bearing needs to be shimmed a little.

Axle wrap likely is the chatter, if you remove the overload it does not always hit the stops during suspension cycling causing the "clunk" noise. Then add your superspring and you have a decent empty ride and weight carrying capacity as well with no adjustments.

If your springs are really sacked right now you could try removing your overload spring and adding it to the spring pack. I've seen a few guys do that that carry tool boxes etc and it works great.

Here is a link about axle wrap these are another variation of supersprings

Axle Wrap | Roadmaster Active Suspension Kits | Helper Springs | Overload Springs

Last edited:
Top Bottom