EZ Lynk getting sued by EPA

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lot's of F-350's up that travel interprovincial without OEM exhaust. Especially service trucks with a picker, who wants to stand in that smog out the pipe, give me a stack....OEM or equivalent is open to interpretation...No issues at CVIP time, unless you have a crack in the window in the swept area of the wiper over a couple inches of course....

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure were talkin about trucks not commercial trucks for the most part here and last i checked omit means do not do or leave out. Currently sask has no rules on emmision regulations or enforcements but i guess buddy who works for the rcmp
Is wrong lol

OMG, here is Alberta commercial vehicle regs.
It’s written into the regs, in detail, now it says omitted, kinda lines up with what I mentioned earlier about me knowing guys that had to put their emissions equipment back on now doesn’t it.

You should be able to find this on your own.

134db5815e415593007ab589645ba665.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forums restricting discussion on deletes are generally US based. The EPA is very heavy handed and as a part of squashing emission deletes are doing their best to limit discussion of them online. If people don't know about delete kits they don't buy them. Forums don't generally make piles of cash, none of them have the finances to pick any kind of legal fight with the EPA. It's just easier for forums and their admins to limit that legal exposure in the first place by not allowing the discussion.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last article i could find on deletes in sask nothing more relevant has shown up not anytbing i could find in the sgi rules

Attachments

• 037437A7-6EF2-4F10-B428-3B8FC6EEF90D.png
    037437A7-6EF2-4F10-B428-3B8FC6EEF90D.png
    413 KB · Views: 87

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Further to this the EPA is trying to crack down on Canadian companies too. Many Americans have turned to Canada to source delete kits because they are still available here. I have no idea what the legal president is, but I do know some online sites have big notices stating they will not ship delete parts to the US.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure were talkin about trucks not commercial trucks for the most part here and last i checked omit means do not do or leave out. Currently sask has no rules on emmision regulations or enforcements but i guess buddy who works for the rcmp
Is wrong lol

Your getting lost in your argument, you dug up old snow and mud posts about commercial vehicles. That’s what that conversation was about.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes in to which u still have no more info to prove your point its that deletes are currently illegal or do u not no what omit means lol

QUOTE="Caper11, post: 3145454, member: 2024"]
Your getting lost in your argument, you dug up old snow and mud posts about commercial vehicles. That’s what that conversation was about.

[/QUOTE]

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lot's of F-350's up that travel interprovincial without OEM exhaust. Especially service trucks with a picker, who wants to stand in that smog out the pipe, give me a stack....OEM or equivalent is open to interpretation...No issues at CVIP time, unless you have a crack in the window in the swept area of the wiper over a couple inches of course....

There is no mention of the OEM or equivalent in the commercial reg. Just what I posted in the screenshot, we have service trucks wit deletes an without, but my got both truck need stacks when the guys idles them. I’m pretty happy with my new ford with the big block v8 and the 10sp, even with a crane I get 24l per 100 on the highway and it has more than enough power for beating in the bush with. Impressive truck.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes in to which u still have no more info to prove your point its that deletes are currently illegal or do u not no what omit means lol

QUOTE="Caper11, post: 3145454, member: 2024"]

[/QUOTE]

Until tonight I didn’t know that was omitted in the regs, man you like to argue. I just gave proof that it was written into the reg. Thats what I knew.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woops, I cant believe I didnt read 2021 :(
The admins at cumminsforum posted this 2 days ago and now will not allow Delete threads. They say because they were named as an "example"
That sort of discussion has been disallowed and heavily moderated for quite some time over there.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sort of discussion has been disallowed and heavily moderated for quite some time over there.

Same with the duramax forum, they dont care where your from, moderated and than a ban.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone else has more info on here but as it stands i still say deletes are legal, as of right now, mb not in a year but currently in sask or alberta she looks pretty legal from anything i can read, epa are dirty little bastards and lots of delete companys have moved out of north america to avoid any long term issues. I just hope it stays tbe way whatever the law states and leaves deleted vehicles alone but guys crankin max power and rolling coal all over will not end well for anyone i feel. my diesels barely even smoke good clean tunes go along ways

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep they are, it’s defeating an OEM emissions system.
Only thing that’s allowing them on the road is the lack of a yearly inspection system in Alberta, and or a lack of enforcement. So therefore by definition, people/shops are saying it’s legal in Alberta but the wording in the inspections book mentions the OEM exhaust system.
Regardless, at the moment this is not a Alberta problem but the majority of the suppliers for delete kits come from the states. If I was to delete my Duramax it’s quite a price to do so, especially if I buy a second ECM, add to that I will loose my truck for two weeks while my ECM is sent to the states for reprogramming.

Costs money but ecm no longer needs sent away for L5p

Dilbert8000

Reaction score
Yup, BIL has a '23 (maybe it's a '22), one day and $5k. Just got it done a few weeks ago.

Is BIL a shop somewhere? Unabbreviated name maybe? I’m still getting quotes of 7-8g for my 18 duramax in Edmonton.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is BIL a shop somewhere? Unabbreviated name maybe? I’m still getting quotes of 7-8g for my 18 duramax in Edmonton.

I haven’t heard anything less then $7k and up for delete on a l5p.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The prices haven't come down much. Somebody figured out how to unlock the ECM without shipping it off, and they are charging appropriately for the convenience of it for being the first to do so

Top Bottom