EZ Lynk getting sued by EPA

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are deletes illegal in western canada tho? I havnt found anything showing otherwise in sgis rulebook all it says is a vehicle must be equipped with a proper muffler, never found anywhere about emmision requirements

Yep they are, it’s defeating an OEM emissions system.
Only thing that’s allowing them on the road is the lack of a yearly inspection system in Alberta, and or a lack of enforcement. So therefore by definition, people/shops are saying it’s legal in Alberta but the wording in the inspections book mentions the OEM exhaust system.
Regardless, at the moment this is not a Alberta problem but the majority of the suppliers for delete kits come from the states. If I was to delete my Duramax it’s quite a price to do so, especially if I buy a second ECM, add to that I will loose my truck for two weeks while my ECM is sent to the states for reprogramming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only thing that’s allowing them on the road is the lack of a yearly inspection system in Alberta, and or a lack of enforcement. So therefore by definition, people/shops are saying it’s legal in Alberta but the wording in the inspections book mentions the OEM exhaust system.
Regardless, at the moment this is not a Alberta problem but the majority of the suppliers for delete kits come from the states. If I was to delete my Duramax it’s quite a price to do so, especially if I buy a second ECM, add to that I will loose my truck for two weeks while my ECM is sent to the states for reprogramming.

There's shops in Alberta that can do a Duramax in house, 1 day turnaround.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can u show me any legislation in alberta or sask that says its illegal to delete a vehicle? Last i looked it up there was 0 rules against deleting in either province. I get tint and tire tickets near everytime i go
To saskatoon also got a muffler ticket im pretty sure i woulda got a ticket for no emission system atleast once by now but nope al that is required is a satisfactory muffler, deletes currently are perfectly legal

QUOTE="Caper11, post: 3145283, member: 2024"]

[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• C30FEE2D-749E-455B-9EBB-6473B106C087.jpeg
    C30FEE2D-749E-455B-9EBB-6473B106C087.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 7CBE8779-5261-4AE8-92F1-9425DE8157ED.jpeg
    7CBE8779-5261-4AE8-92F1-9425DE8157ED.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, BIL has a '23 (maybe it's a '22), one day and $5k. Just got it done a few weeks ago.
Last I checked the 2023 Dmax isn’t available for delete yet . Being worked on and is going to be expensive just like l5p was to start with .
2022 is and just ecm swap and done in a day .

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can u show me any legislation in alberta or sask that says its illegal to delete a vehicle? Last i looked it up there was 0 rules against deleting in either province. I get tint and tire tickets near everytime i go
To saskatoon also got a muffler ticket im pretty sure i woulda got a ticket for no emission system atleast once by now but nope al that is required is a satisfactory muffler, deletes currently are perfectly legal

QUOTE="Caper11, post: 3145283, member: 2024"]

Not sure what was misinterpreted with what I just wrote.
b52f5552677cb2ca733919f357375840.jpg

As I mentioned There is no yearly inspection in Alberta, this is out of the out of province inspection handbook and can be failed for a non OEM exhaust.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That law has been like that long before emmisions were involved, that has to do with sound nothing to do with emmisions i suggest you phone your local cop
Shop and ask them, cause its legal long as sound requirments are met, if you go by what u read it as that means any exhaust modifications is illegal which is not the case. U dont think cops would be doing blitz like they do for tint it would be a huge money maker for them but they cant cause it is not illegal lol, how many deleted semis go for yearly inspections? I have a couple long as there is a muffler its all good no muffler failed inspection

Not sure what was misinterpreted with what I just wrote.
b52f5552677cb2ca733919f357375840.jpg

As I mentioned There is no yearly inspection in Alberta, this is out of the out of province inspection handbook and can be failed for a non OEM exhaust.

Last edited:

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U forgot this convo from
2019 lol if so where is your info you obtained since then

Attachments

• CD79F1AE-9BA2-4B54-BD63-D7E832978422.png
    CD79F1AE-9BA2-4B54-BD63-D7E832978422.png
    310.4 KB · Views: 89
  • B08B75DC-EA6D-40E5-8DB4-601562DBA62A.png
    B08B75DC-EA6D-40E5-8DB4-601562DBA62A.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 87

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U forgot this convo from
2019 lol if so where is your info you obtained since then

Nothing has changed, I know what the regs say. Alberta is very loose on those regs among other things, it’s definitely illegal for a commercial truck to be deleted, 350, 450, 550, or a Peterbilt. Now wether the CVIP mechanic turns a blind eye to it, it is his problem not the owner of the truck unless the inspection has failed, yes there is alot of deleted commercial vehicles on the road, but I’m pretty sure they dont leave the province or go to the states.
What I know about the regs wont stop me from deleting my Diesel, but it may stop me from taking it certain places.

The discussion on deletes being banned on forums is not new either like I said. I don’t know why this is tough to understand.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because u still have not shown me where it is illegal to delete a vehicle. Your oem
Speal doesnt cut it thats for decibals nothing else. U find me one person who has ever got a emmision delete ticket or a inspection ticket for removed emisions or a failed inspection, you think out of the thousands of people on tbis forum someone would have got the book thrown at them? But nope because currently they are legal, have you ever phoned your local rcmp to ask them? Buddy is a cop he said only ticket that can be given is for to much noise or no muffler. 0 about deletes mb there are some rcmp memebers on here who can chime in?

Nothing has changed, I know what the regs say. Alberta is very loose on those regs among other things, it’s definitely illegal for a commercial truck to be deleted, 350, 450, 550, or a Peterbilt. Now wether the CVIP mechanic turns a blind eye to it, it is his problem not the owner of the truck unless the inspection has failed.

The discussion on deletes being banned on forums is not new either like I said. I don’t know why this is tough to understand.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because u still have not shown me where it is illegal to delete a vehicle. Your oem
Speal doesnt cut it thats for decibals nothing else. U find me one person who has ever got a emmision delete ticket or a inspection ticket for removed emisions or a failed inspection, you think out of the thousands of people on tbis forum someone would have got the book thrown at them? But nope because currently they are legal

I don’t have to prove anything to you. I do know Alberta commercial vehicle owners that had to put their emissions garbage back on, and I know of guys still running it. Its a Roll of the dice and they game that you play,
So if you think Im making this up, the world is way bigger than this forum. Its all in the wording.
Like everything in industry. One safety guy reads the regs one way, one looks specifically for a certain word to satisfy his thinking.

I provided alberta out of province inspection regs about a OEM exhaust, its a money grab I’ve had it done. Whats that line in the regs read to you? Reading comprehension maybe?

OEM exhaust components on a newer Diesel truck include, DPF, muffler, etc. Deleting a Diesel requires removing OEM exhaust parts, Im aware of it, wont stop me from deleting my truck….

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So no regs cool got it, other then your lame
Oem exhuast which has been worded like that since 1950 lol. And says 0 about emmisions equipment. But to each there own i just no before i speak i have actual proof to back it up.

I don’t have to prove anything to you. I do know Alberta commercial vehicle owners that had to put their emissions garbage back on, and I know of guys still running it. Its a Roll of the dice and they game that you play,
So if you think Im making this up, the world is way bigger than this forum. Its all in the wording.
Like everything in industry. One safety guy reads the regs one way, one looks specifically for a certain word to satisfy his thinking.

I provided alberta out of province inspection regs about a OEM exhaust, its a money grab I’ve had it done. Whats that line in the regs read to you? Reading comprehension maybe?

OEM exhaust components on a newer Diesel truck include, DPF, muffler, etc. Deleting a Diesel requires removing OEM exhaust parts, Im aware of it, wont stop me from deleting my truck….

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So no regs cool got it, other then your lame
Oem exhuast which has been worded like that since 1950 lol. And says 0 about emmisions equipment. But to each there own i just no before i speak i have actual proof to back it up.

OMG, here is Alberta commercial vehicle regs.
It’s written into the regs, in detail, now it says omitted, kinda lines up with what I mentioned earlier about me knowing guys that had to put their emissions equipment back on now doesn’t it.

You should be able to find this on your own.

134db5815e415593007ab589645ba665.jpg

Top Bottom