Extra fuel

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys find yourself needing more fuel then what your sled holds in the the run of a day? I feel more comfortable bringing the linq system fuel can, but rarely find myself needing it with the etec?

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only time i use my extra gas is on real deep snow days and when i ride with my brother his cat is thirsty.

• Thanks
Reactions: CJR

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I find the same thing with the E-Tec but have given fuel to others on the hill.
I now pour my fuel into the fuel tank when it goes down enough to empty the spare tank to reduce the load on the tunnel on more extreme sledding days..
I always carry a small siphon hose can always get some out if required.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always carry it but have never needed it. Either pour it in my tank or any Cat that is in our group (they do seem to lap up he fuel). I do have fun but don't have it pinned all day so I'm sure that is a factor. Always nice to have though just in case.

• Thanks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deep days short trail don't require fuel. But when we get a bluebird day with fresh snow and a 60-70km return trip trail ride I wish I had extra fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

• Thanks

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always carry spare fuel. I find my ETech almost as hard on fuel as the other makes when it's deep out there. First two break in days on the old girl, I used a tank and Jerry can two days straight. Of course the trail ride in was 30kms but they are thirsty WOT.

You can always drop off your fuel at the cabin or throw it in your sled if you don't need it. There's no worse feeling than having the best day ever only to realize you have to start taking it easy or you won't have enough fuel to get her home.

• Thanks

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made me sad just reading this

I always carry spare fuel. I find my ETech almost as hard on fuel as the other makes when it's deep out there. First two break in days on the old girl, I used a tank and Jerry can two days straight. Of course the trail ride in was 30kms but they are thirsty WOT.

You can always drop off your fuel at the cabin or throw it in your sled if you don't need it. There's no worse feeling than having the best day ever only to realize you have to start taking it easy or you won't have enough fuel to get her home.

Whitecourt_Rider

Reaction score
Had my first day full day to ride my new 14 yesterday. I had 30kms on it when i left. I filled the sled to the lid and did half a day of groomed trail riding (boring) and half a day of ditch banging deep powder. I put 65kms on it and my gas light was on. I had to bum some gas to get home. I hope after break in it gets alot better.

Question, Lots of people are talking about the break in Percentage on there 14's. How do you see what percentage broke in you are? I went through the cluster and couldn't find it?

Thanks

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will come up soon as you start it. Then it goes away

Sent from my iPhone using

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fug my 14 seems worse than my big bore by a long shot. Tank and a jerry can plus half a tank of oil. Everything was topped to the max. I still have 32% left on break in, but still. Trail in that day was 20km!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya you burnt way more then you should of chris, but you were riding pretty hard right from the truck

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the gas gauge isn't very reliable ….you can have no bars and the light on and you still have 5-6 litres of fuel.that will get you along ways on a trail ride to get home.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the gas gauge isn't very reliable ….you can have no bars and the light on and you still have 5-6 litres of fuel.that will get you along ways on a trail ride to get home.

I'm noticing this the more miles I get on the sled. It's not very reliable at all.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im getting sick of packing fuel and never using it. You just know the one day you don't...... you need it.

I have ran out once before.... but only once..... in 3 years of running an etec.

Top Bottom