Experienced Calgary Mountain Rider looking for ride buddies / trips to join

dooguy99

Reaction score
Hello all, I have been mountain riding for more than 10 years, and find that many of my riding buddies seem to be getting out of sledding, so have to find some new ride buddies, so here is an "internet dating ad" for your entertainment :p.

I am a capable lead rider, but don't need to be the lead. I enjoy route finding, exploring, finding the path less travelled, and a bit of challenge. I have been told that I ride a bit like a trials rider and look for moves that test / develop my skills. Not afraid of getting stuck, but tend not to be stuck very often. Bumpy trails don't bother me, that's just a part of getting to the good stuff! I have formal avalanche training, and am prepared for repairs, towing, or overnighting if required. I ride smart, look to have a bit of fun, without destroying my machinery. My backcountry code is to back your buddies up, ride as a group, and bring everyone back breathing to relive the memories. I am lucky enough to have a 154" Freeride for "sportier riding" days, or a 174" big bore for the deep days. I go out to find memorable ride adventures, not to spend the day sitting in the cabin. I am looking for ride buddies of similar interests, code, preparedness, and have some mountain riding skill / experience. I am based out of Calgary and am in my forties. If you are interested, please PM a phone number to discuss.:phone: Perhaps there are groups out there of similar interest that don't mind entertaining a new "recruit"?

Thank you,

dooguy99 :cool:

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there DooGuy, Welcome to the site.
I'm in Airdrie and will be more than likely heading out West a time or two, in the New Year and will be looking for a partner or two.
I'm just in the process of getting a new-to-me sled but have similar experience and riding style. Stay in touch...

You'll like it here as the guys and gals are knowledgeable and helpful... ( for the most part lol )

Cheers
RN

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just moved to Airdrie and schedule changed so its harder and harder to link up with my old riding buddies so always looking for a new adventure. PM'd

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to head out to Golden around mid Jan if all goes well once home, and start picking up all the needed pieces lol.
Was hoping to go during the week of 13th and stay for a few days, depending on the weather and snow....
Have a few guys lined up ( hopefully ) but that can change.

Keep it mind guys :)

RN

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to snow and mud, I could be convinced to go out for the odd ride.....

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen you ride Murray, trail rider you're not. Lol . I have been outta sledding fora couple years (not by choice) and will be looking to ride too in February. In NE Calgary.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

skrat

Reaction score
I would be I to meeting up or joining as well. I am in Olds, also in my 40's and do occasionally ride trials. I ride a pro lite 153 and am not afraid of being stuck, and it does happen at least once or twice in a good day of riding.

Looking to ride New Year's Day if anyone else is up for it

Sent from my iPad using

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! I'm definitely up for getting out with some new sled buddies I just haven't met yet. Love to ride Revy and make the most of everyday from steep and deep in the sun to ridin' trees on the foggy days. Just PM me if interested in getting out. I'm trying to go pretty regularly in Jan and Feb as did not get out nearly enough last year!

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No plans as just back from Revy on Sunday night. Snow was quite set up. When were you leaving and do you have a room? Jungle

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have fun & ride safe! I'm not going to be able to get away this weekend. Jungle

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be headed back that way Saturday night for a ride in golden Sunday, we do have a newbie with us though so may be a slow day

sent while I'm probably at work

Top Bottom