Exhaust manifold in motorhome

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions where to go to get some broken exhaust manifold studs repaired on a class A motorhome? Need to get a quote or two done and see if it is worth having someone else do them as I don't. MH is a 32' so it can't go to just any shop. 454 engine.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's it's bad heads have to be removed

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Our 454 was done by Heath at Sherwood exhaust, unfortunately I think he's moved on to other ventures now

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's it's bad heads have to be removed
If I do it myself the head will come off. I have to check this weekend also. There is a panel that I might be able to remove plus with the tire off it may be ok to do. If it costs me a lot to have someone do it, then I may do it myself and just replace with performance parts. But I am also selling the MH and buying a toy hauler. So there is a fine line of what to invest in this one. A guy I work with might be buying it so I don't mind doing a little extra.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
If you're selling it anyway, do it yourself, and don't put anything extra on it.... You won't get your money back out of performance parts........ You should be able to go through the wheel well, easily

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's broke off flush or below deck, easy to build weld out of the broken bolt, then weld a nut to the weld-bolt

That's how I do them all, even ones with no room

No head removal, no drilling to far into places u don't want to

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's broke off flush or below deck, easy to build weld out of the broken bolt, then weld a nut to the weld-bolt

That's how I do them all, even ones with no room

No head removal, no drilling to far into places u don't want to
Ive done this a lot also and may be a better option then drilling.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill into coolant in the head and that would suck balls lol
That sounds like a good chance to put on a performance heads lol. And well a good intake, and cam and...... well maybe just a 572........lol Oh wait. Im supposed to be selling this thing. A high HP 4x4 conversion could be cool instead of a toy hauler.

Top Bottom